Rant: A Rocky Road Ahead: The Tough Realities for today’s young Car Enthusiasts in Singapore

Twincharged
On 5/9/2023 at 8:07 AM, Sdf4786k said:

More like time to look for a higher paying job..

Work for @RadXFuneral Industries very high Salary,even carry Coffin get $3,000 Salary.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Keep a limited usage classic/vintage car. Take bus/MRT/GRAB to work. 

If really want a performance car, then have one for track use only. It can even be a single seater, open wheeler thoroughbred race car. Just that you need to trailer to get to and from the track. And a friendly garage to store the car when it is not on the track.

(edited)

Who say difficult? It's never been easier to be a young car enthusiast nowadays!

bluesg-accident.gif

bluesg-road-divider.gif

ezgif.com-optimize-1-1.gif

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 10

On 5/9/2023 at 5:27 PM, Jellandross said:

Who say no young car enthusiasts? I see them everywhere.

bluesg-accident.gif

bluesg-road-divider.gif

ezgif.com-optimize-1-1.gif

They more ASK😂

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 5/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, serenade said:

Keep a limited usage classic/vintage car. Take bus/MRT/GRAB to work. 

If really want a performance car, then have one for track use only. It can even be a single seater, open wheeler thoroughbred race car. Just that you need to trailer to get to and from the track. And a friendly garage to store the car when it is not on the track.

trailer also need $$$. no COE but need to register and pay license. 😁

Being a car enthusiast is a hobby, a pastime. If you can’t afford, then have to find another hobby, not everyone has money to pay for COE let alone pay premium prices for iconic cars.

I loved my you tiao...now priced out  at 1.10 liao...nebermind lah...i go eat my grenade at 90c...until that also can't afford...then I'll go for sunshine kosong...it's all about money anyway...😁

OIP (6).jpg

10750203_1_x.jpg

37783.jpg

R (13).jpg

download (1).jpg

OIP (5).jpg

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

More reason for married couples not to have kids. The only way to afford cars in future for typical couple who are both working professionals is to divert the $ that would normally be needed to raise kids [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Sad 3

Supercharged
On 5/9/2023 at 8:45 AM, Soya said:

Sg has never been a place for car enthusiasts. And will never be

Not just high price of cars but simply researching internet, buying an already well factory engineered car, paying $$ to a (often questionable) mod shop doesn't sadly make one a car enthusiast

How many have had the chance to strip down parts of a car, DIY repairs and fixing up an old bomb to learn abt the mechanicals and body parts of a car in sg? This kinda hands on experience is part n parcel of the enthusiast experience 

I like to watch Chris Fix video on Youtube. He is someone you what you said, a true car enthusiast. 

https://www.youtube.com/@chrisfix

He makes car repair like damn easy. 

On 5/9/2023 at 10:03 PM, Sosaria said:

More reason for married couples not to have kids. The only way to afford cars in future for typical couple who are both working professionals is to divert the $ that would normally be needed to raise kids [laugh]

I fundamentally oppose the idea that a small group of elites who have it all dictate what are the Needs and Wants for the rest of the people. Disgusting. 

Not producing any kids at all is my own little silent rebellion against them. My inconsequential middle finger to them and not giving them what they want. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
On 5/9/2023 at 12:03 AM, Unfazed said:

Ownerships are part parcel of dreams. I wouldn't want my children to earn and just spend it on holiday and holiday and holiday, without owning anything in their life and start asking me in return what can they own ANYWAY?! Since cannot own anything, SPEND lah kinda unhealthy mindset! Affordability is an understatement and misused one nowadays.

The future is not just only about cars. It's about the quality of the lives of our next gen, their dreams. Or are we just grooming robots? 

i like!!! 

or forefathers have always thot the next gen that leaving properties as a way to continue the heritage legacy that they have build upon....but I think in Sinkapoore...this is being dismantled...

i think now the mindset thrust by G is to spend and spend and buy and re-buy as there is no eternity of holding on to one legacy anymore....eg I still have a small marble table from my grandparents time....sitting in my hall..this is legacy from them, and reminds me of my time with them as well...and i hope to one day hand it down to my kids....this is all I have from my grandparents.....the other thing I had was the cuckoo clock but it broke when it fell...i was devastated!:TT_TT:

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:31 PM, Ganwb79 said:

I fundamentally oppose the idea that a small group of elites who have it all dictate what are the Needs and Wants for the rest of the people. Disgusting. 

Not producing any kids at all is my own little silent rebellion against them. My inconsequential middle finger to them and not giving them what they want. 

Yea, why bring kids in knowing they're gonna have stressful lives. 

• Praise 2

On 5/10/2023 at 10:26 AM, Spidey10 said:

i like!!! 

or forefathers have always thot the next gen that leaving properties as a way to continue the heritage legacy that they have build upon....but I think in Sinkapoore...this is being dismantled...

i think now the mindset thrust by G is to spend and spend and buy and re-buy as there is no eternity of holding on to one legacy anymore....eg I still have a small marble table from my grandparents time....sitting in my hall..this is legacy from them, and reminds me of my time with them as well...and i hope to one day hand it down to my kids....this is all I have from my grandparents.....the other thing I had was the cuckoo clock but it broke when it fell...i was devastated!:TT_TT:

There's no room for sentimentality in Singapore unfortunately. Everything has to progress and move forward in the name of development.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Supercharged

Number of old school car enthusiasts will surely fall over time, no thanks to SG's car policy. 

With the penetration of automation and AI into vehicular technology, cars will eventually drive themselves in the not too distant future. That would kill off any remaining car enthusiasm. The rich will be able to afford private cars ferrying them around. Those who can't afford, just call Grab. And then there're those who'll have to be contend with train, buses, and bicycles. This looks like our G's plan.  😁 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 2