Ridout Road Bungalows Rental Saga

Jellandross

(edited)

Another saga coming soon to a Parliament near you.

The SLA statement was issued in response to a series of online articles published by opposition Reform Party's chief Kenneth Jeyaretnam since last Saturday, where he called on SLA to "shed some light" on the auction process for the properties and questioned if the ministers were "paying less than the fair market value".

Citing the prime location of the area and his assumed size of the properties, he said: "It is difficult to see how (Dr Balakrishnan or Mr Shanmugam) could afford to pay the market rent for such a pricey property." 

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Why must stay so big house?

no scared of ghosts? Wait….😅

Edited by Freeder
  • Haha! 6

On 5/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, Freeder said:

Why must stay so big house?

no scared of ghosts? Wait….😅

😂they wear what color one👻

• Haha! 9

Not your average peasant bungalows. Exclusively for elites who want to experience the lifestyle of our old colonial masters 🇬🇧

ridoutroad1-1536x816.jpg

ridoutroad2-1536x772.jpg

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/13/2023 at 3:30 PM, Jellandross said:

Not your average peasant bungalows. Exclusively for elites who want to experience the lifestyle of our old colonial masters 🇬🇧

ridoutroad1-1536x816.jpg

ridoutroad2-1536x772.jpg

These house looks huge, bigger than GCB?

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 5/13/2023 at 3:44 PM, ER-3682 said:

The Ministers should have their own Houses,why rent extra Houses.?For their Mistress.?

Their own house rented out? So need to rent another house to stay? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

On 5/13/2023 at 3:41 PM, 13177 said:

These house looks huge, bigger than GCB?

A little bigger than GCB. 

200,000 to 300,000 sqf about 10 to 20 times bigger only. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 15

Supersonic
On 5/13/2023 at 3:53 PM, Tkseah said:

Waiting to see how pap wiggle out of this one...

Likely nothing need to explain and just move on la.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic

Now we know that an agency can dictate parliament to answer questions!

Btw, Home and Foreign Affairs Ministers are neighbours!

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 5/13/2023 at 4:14 PM, 13177 said:

Likely nothing need to explain and just move on la.

SLA already say that they pay above the market rate minimum rental and there were no tenants for some years. Am sure the ministars did their homework, dot all the "i" and cross all the "t", before proceeding.

My question is why they need to rent two luxurious properties like that? Thought the party had guidelines on public image, not too appear too ostentatious and to avoid association with luxury, etc.

We are supposedly not like our regional neighbour where govt figures wear designer togs, shoes, pricey watches openly.

By the way I like to occasionally run through these gcb estates like those off Bukit timah road - to get the freshest air, away from the hubbub of city living and a hint of the lifestyle of our past colonial masters [laugh] 

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

On 5/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, Sosaria said:

SLA already say that they pay above the market rate minimum rental and there were no tenants for some years. Am sure the ministars did their homework, dot all the "i" and cross all the "t", before proceeding.

My question is why they need to rent two luxurious properties like that? Thought the party had guidelines on public image, not too appear too ostentatious and to avoid association with luxury, etc.

We are supposedly not like our regional neighbour where govt figures wear designer togs, shoes, pricey watches openly.

Oh please. Ah Lee and his Lao Peh also got buy fancy Orchard Road condo. Forget liao ah.

• Haha! 9

(edited)
On 5/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, Sosaria said:

By the way I like to occasionally run through these gcb estates like those off Bukit timah road - to get the freshest air, away from the hubbub of city living and a hint of the lifestyle of our past colonial masters [laugh] 

Didn't say those few years no tenants reasons. Maybe complete renovations leh? 

For me it's OK for them to rent, but process must be open and fair. Like advertise for all to bid. May we can throw in a bid too and big a scrambler/4x4 track. 

Edited by Volvobrick

Twincharged
On 5/13/2023 at 5:03 PM, Benarsenal said:

Oh please. Ah Lee and his Lao Peh also got buy fancy Orchard Road condo. Forget liao ah.

During Lao peh time,  I doubt any minister would even have tried doing this. After all, image counts,  uniform is colour white, not colour 💵... even if really reallllyyyyy loaded. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 5/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, Playtime said:

During Lao peh time,  I doubt any minister would even have tried doing this. After all, image counts,  uniform is colour white, not colour 💵... even if really reallllyyyyy loaded. 

https://mustsharenews.com/malaysian-pm-hermes/

Got money also cannot buy and wear. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement