Aston Martin DB12

inlinesix

Twincharged

Maybe the British know they cannot make a reliable Engine,so need to source from AMG Mercedes Benz Germany.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

AM has been using American V6s and V8s for a long time. The V12 is actually two V6s put together. Why they use them you might ask, cos of widely available parts. The V8s especially can handle force induction reliably w/o much modifications. AM also dont have to spend tons of money building an engine from scratch.

https://driving.ca/features/feature-story/aston-martins-v12-was-based-on-a-ford-v6-and-4-other-weird-engine-cousins#:~:text=Aston's V12 is derived from Ford's (Mazda-derived) V6&text=It can be found in,cars all over the world.

So should AM rename the DB12 now that it's using a V8? They already have a DB8.  

Maybe calling it a DBG8 and DBA8, "G" for German and "A" for America.

Edited by Watwheels

On 5/25/2023 at 8:53 AM, kobayashiGT said:

V12 cannot pass emission test in the EU. hahahaha. 

Cayenne Turbo GT also cannot 🤭

Twincharged
On 5/25/2023 at 8:53 AM, kobayashiGT said:

V12 cannot pass emission test in the EU. hahahaha. 

Their EV will rebalance the carbon taxes

Twincharged
On 5/25/2023 at 8:14 AM, Watwheels said:

AM has been using American V6s and V8s for a long time. The V12 is actually two V6s put together. Why they use them you might ask, cos of widely available parts. The V8s especially can handle force induction reliably w/o much modifications. AM also dont have to spend tons of money building an engine from scratch.

https://driving.ca/features/feature-story/aston-martins-v12-was-based-on-a-ford-v6-and-4-other-weird-engine-cousins#:~:text=Aston's V12 is derived from Ford's (Mazda-derived) V6&text=It can be found in,cars all over the world.

So should AM rename the DB12 now that it's using a V8? They already have a DB8.  

Maybe calling it a DBG8 and DBA8, "G" for German and "A" for America.

Last time Aston Martin & Jaguar are under Ford Group,so they shared alot of Parts.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:10 AM, ER-3682 said:

Maybe the British know they cannot make a reliable Engine,so need to source from AMG Mercedes Benz Germany.

A little unfair...... the Rover V8 was pretty good and contrary to reputation, their K-Series replacement for the A-Series ended up in a couple of cars I had and was pretty good. Strong but with higher than average fuel consumption and need for careful maintenance.

Failure now of engine building is not technique, it's scale....... and no industry left.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 5/26/2023 at 9:59 AM, bsswan said:

A little unfair...... the Rover V8 was pretty good and contrary to reputation, their K-Series replacement for the A-Series ended up in a couple of cars I had and was pretty good. Strong but with higher than average fuel consumption and need for careful maintenance.

Failure now of engine building is not technique, it's scale....... and no industry left.

Rover K-Series Engine Good.?..i have the Rover75 2.5KV6 Engine..so much problems,the 1.8 K-Series worse,Head Gasket Failure even low mileage Cars.

• Praise 1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:06 AM, ER-3682 said:

Rover K-Series Engine Good.?..i have the Rover75 2.5KV6 Engine..so much problems,the 1.8 K-Series worse,Head Gasket Failure even low mileage Cars.

Yes, the head gasket...... often caused by the thermostat.

I had the 1.6 in a Rover216 and never had any issues. My friend has a 1.4 in his Morgan, also so-far-so-good.

finally aston has a modern, upscale interior. The interior for the current vantage and db11 look so yesteryear

interesting time for GT.... the new Maserati GT, Merc SL and this lauching this year, wonder which will sell better

On 7/13/2023 at 2:12 PM, Cheesey74 said:

😍... 我喜欢!

俺也是...she looks like my favourite taichi 湿姐...i mean 师姐 😁

Screenshot_20230713_175003.jpg

Screenshot_20230713_174923.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2