COE Bidding - December 2023

Kar_lover

On 12/6/2023 at 7:25 AM, zadnat said:

@ccc888 

Kah Motors

I think will be tough. Don’t think KM margin is that high. But you also don’t want to offer more money unnecessarily. Has the SE contacted you for top up? I mean, he also wants to complete the deal for his commission 

↡ Advertisement

Maybe they feels confident to get the COE during last round but was taken back by the increase.

i rmb TC was offering 2 bid guarantee with rebate lvl at $112k.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, dafeisg said:

Quite wierd Kah will offer 2 bid NG, year end coming, they sales too good don't need hit target?

Edited by iceraider
  • Sad 1

@dafeisg As 2023 has only 2 more COE auction dates, it is normal to offer a 2 bid package. After today, it will be 1 bid package for delivery by 31 Dec 2023 (assuming they have the vehicle in stock) or a more 'normal' bid package with different price and stipulation that delivery will only be in 2024 etc. 

Why?

2024 has major tax increases. Hence, they will not want any sales agreement for this year to straddle both 2023 to 2024.

Edited by hansmith
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 12/6/2023 at 9:51 AM, hansmith said:

@dafeisg As 2023 has only 2 more COE auction dates, it is normal to offer a 2 bid package. After today, it will be 1 bid package or a more 'normal' bid package with different price and stipulation that delivery will only be in 2024 etc. 

Why?

2024 has major tax increases. Hence, they will not want any sales agreement for this year to straddle both 2023 to 2024.

Good point there. Uncertainty plays a big part here. 🫡

On 12/4/2023 at 1:30 PM, Kar_lover said:

POV: me patiently waiting for Dec's COE thread 😆 i got vested interest lol

Congrats. What car are you getting? Envy envy envy. I can't even afford the COE 😔

Paging for @Carbon82, are you still on holiday, enjoying your beer in some part of the world? Hahahaha

• Praise 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, SGMCF328 said:

Congrats. What car are you getting? Envy envy envy. I can't even afford the COE 😔

Paging for @Carbon82, are you still on holiday, enjoying your beer in some part of the world? Hahahaha

Not me, my close friend haha...

No time to gather data for the COE thread due to my work schedule. 

Will fill in more details when I have some free time.

[flowerface]Good luck to all vested. [flowerface]

• Praise 6

(edited)

My friend AD bidded sightly more than $1k above previous prevailing COE...so quite a "responsible bid", i.e. did not simply put in a high bid althogh the margin on the car is very high and they could have easily placed a +$10k bid

Edited by Kar_lover

On 12/6/2023 at 3:18 PM, Kar_lover said:

My friend AD bidded sightly more than $1k above previous prevailing COE...so quite a "responsible bid", i.e. did not simply put in a high bid althogh the margin on the car is very high and they could have easily placed a +$10k bid

Cat B may be enough. Cat A may test $90k again

On 12/6/2023 at 3:38 PM, Fitmugen said:

Cat B may be enough. Cat A may test $90k again

Agree on Cat A but I think Cat B also not enough... from $25k jump the last time to $1k now is a bit weird although agree that stranger things have happened...