Too Late if They only Realized Now, Hong Kong

Arogab

Hypersonic
On 6/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, Atonchia said:

I have friends kept going back HK each year because have siblings working there. 

The F&B they go are those they patron frequently and have gotten use to it. 

My impression on their F&B is always very busy, still very busy even till 12am in touristy area. Unless higher end restaurants, most are quite cramp. 

Many SG quick and casual F&B are similarly cramp too. The main difference many is HK still serve the food, where many in SG converted to self-collect to save labour. 

HK gov just need to allow more Chinese workers in their labour force to let their local wake up their attitude... 

Many business are small mom & pa, single proprietor type, so who cares. Larger one and chain type probably will conduct training for staff.

People who kept going back to HK likely they have friends or family there. As a tourists, like i said, either you like HK or hate HK.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 6/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, Stratovarius said:

I dont know canto. But my msian frens told me KL canto also doesn't work there. 

HK canto has their own accent and style, canto from other places indeed would no work there. But at least speaking cano better than mandarin.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, Stratovarius said:

Still can la....not exactly like theirs, but 80-90% same same.

I can speak canto, obviously not the same as theirs, but never had problem with any  retailers in HK.  The trick is to have some small talk with them before asking for prices.  Otherwise if ask prices never buy, sure kena some fancy canto words....😆

I can also speak and read Malay fluently, at least 90% of their vocab and the slang they speak in MY. Super friendly service when one can blend in with them.  😁

Edited by Stary
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 6/7/2024 at 2:56 PM, 13177 said:

People who kept going back to HK likely they have friends or family there. As a tourists, like i said, either you like HK or hate HK.

I am quite neutral. 

Don't have the urge to go back. Last went more than 10 years already.

I meant food wise .... SG probably have similar stuff. MY definitely have great local food. 

Go Bangkok, F&B also more interesting and cheaper, massage also good. Go Khao Yai to be away from city.

TW has greater and more diverse geographic touristy spots. 

Brought kids to Disneyland, chose Tokyo instead of HK.....

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
On 6/7/2024 at 2:07 PM, Rayleigh said:

I prefer to spend in GuangZhou than in HongKong. Just a few stations away, one is serve to pleased while the other is pay to be f**k. Food wise, it originates from GuangZhou. 

Somehow the service culture in SG is slowly morphing to be like HK. Ever damn thing is money money money. 

And their pu tong hua is way better also. hahahaha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
On 6/7/2024 at 2:14 PM, Arogab said:

This is why I put this topic into discussion. These people are arrogant for that donkey years. Not only they are arrogant. When you ask for directions, they point you to Holland. 

At the same time, I was with my wife when my wife's luggage wheel got a broken rubber and making noise. We went into one shop and ask about the price and then decided not to buy. 

That idiot sales lady was assuming that we are given a good price that we must buy. When walking out of the stupid shop. She commented in contonese, "If you don't buy, then don't ask" . Stupid blind people

Eh, my regular caddy is not XMM and I only got one ok

Ahhh, that's why this thread is under tyres and rim. Luggage wheel. Now i understand. 

Guys! still wheels related. Nothing to do with karma this time. hahahahah 

• Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
On 6/7/2024 at 2:03 PM, Stratovarius said:

Maybe is u got kiam pa bin? Lol.

Last time before I go hk people tell me not interested don't ask price and don't touch their products. I went once many years back to buy transformers toys from robot kingdom. Overall okay experience, people there ain't the friendliest and I feel is abit dirty on the streets. So doesn't warrant a 2nd visit. Never go back since. TW overall is more interesting than hk.

Cannot be leh. If my face kiam pak, I would have pick up a few fight in SG liao. Okay leh. heheheheheheh. 

I like hong kong food more than Taiwan. 
I like TWMM more than HK bus. 

So hor. cannot compare lah. each to its own. hahahaha 

Hypersonic

err….. but they are very friendly and courteous to ang mos

😬

Turbocharged

last time HKers pride themselves for their freedom and booming financial centre

now the freedom and financial centre status are lost

no pity, they can continue to be dao and rude in their own world

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 6/7/2024 at 3:42 PM, Enye said:

😬

AMDK?

• Haha! 1

😬

They are gwailou 鬼佬 mah 🤪😅

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)

hopeless campaign lah... their citizen uses rude and vulgar language on their law enforcement without repercussion, very hard to expect them to treat tourist better.  Make DLLM their campaign slogan.

Edited by Xers007
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

They want to start their version of Courtesy Campaign. They need a mascot.

We should introduce our courtesy ambassador,

1982-singa-courtesy-lion-540x.jpg

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator

😬

The-Hong-Kong-British-National-Visa.jpg&

Depends on which passport they like the most. 🤣

Turbocharged
On 6/7/2024 at 1:49 PM, Stratovarius said:

They are pure as they think of themselves. But TBH, our Canto already mixed and they will recognize. Whatever, I don't like to communicate with them. Each time I transit there, I will just keep my mouth shut. I just don't like the way they look at other and thinking they are superior. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 6/7/2024 at 5:19 PM, Arogab said:

They are pure as they think of themselves. But TBH, our Canto already mixed and they will recognize. Whatever, I don't like to communicate with them. Each time I transit there, I will just keep my mouth shut. I just don't like the way they look at other and thinking they are superior. 

Same thought. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 6/7/2024 at 1:56 PM, 13177 said:

Only thing I like is they got better shopping prices. Because they don't have such highly competitive rental and high end renovation. Lousy building also can sell electronics goods and whatever. In another word, they are competitive, their public transport don't look good but high frequency. Their building....like shit (except in the high end places). Haha, living in the hotels also can see slumps or unpainted buildings.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1