Jump to content

Family in Spain/Portugal


 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

First photo of the trip.

My wife got pickpocketed on the first day when we reach Barcelona sants station from the airport. Lost some money but thankfully no important documents. In our time in Barcelona Sants, we saw quite a few people reporting stuff to the police there...

They have a small police office on station but you have to travel to another place to report the theft for insurance claim. Waiting for like 1 hour for a "translator" until the receptionist officer took pity on us and help us file the report. rest of the police is like totally useless and ignore you... We don't even want to catch the thief, just want to file the report and get it done. I have done a police report many many years ago in Austria for a lost Ipad and that took like a few minutes.....

_A9_6420.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Shocked 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Outside the police station. We arrived at 815am, police station is open but they say translator only come in at 9am. So we went outside to shoot photos...

came back at 9am and waited until 10am still no translator. Honestly, the Spanish police force.... except the nice handsome male office who helped us to file the report, rest of them are completely useless. Honestly, I don't think they even bother going after the pickpockets as I googled the punishment for such crime is very low in Barcelona and thus all the pickpockets gather there as low risk....

_A9_6376.jpg

  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
(edited)

Madrid. 

_A7R3336.jpg

_A9_6644.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

I Like Madrid though...

_A9_6975.jpg

  • Praise 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

The Spanish people and especially the Portuguese are all very friendly actually.

_A9_6823.jpg

  • Praise 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

Hmm i've had a good experience in Barcelona. I see more petty crime and pickpockets in Paris/Italy

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
On 7/2/2024 at 3:51 PM, Wind30 said:

First photo of the trip.

My wife got pickpocketed on the first day when we reach Barcelona sants station from the airport. Lost some money but thankfully no important documents. In our time in Barcelona Sants, we saw quite a few people reporting stuff to the police there...

They have a small police office on station but you have to travel to another place to report the theft for insurance claim. Waiting for like 1 hour for a "translator" until the receptionist officer took pity on us and help us file the report. rest of the police is like totally useless and ignore you... We don't even want to catch the thief, just want to file the report and get it done. I have done a police report many many years ago in Austria for a lost Ipad and that took like a few minutes.....

_A9_6420.jpg

Shit! i read a lot on line regarding getting pick in Madrid and Barcelona....u didn't take precaution and put all the bags and carry it in front of u?

heading there in Oct...

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
On 7/2/2024 at 3:56 PM, Wind30 said:

Outside the police station. We arrived at 815am, police station is open but they say translator only come in at 9am. So we went outside to shoot photos...

came back at 9am and waited until 10am still no translator. Honestly, the Spanish police force.... except the nice handsome male office who helped us to file the report, rest of them are completely useless. Honestly, I don't think they even bother going after the pickpockets as I googled the punishment for such crime is very low in Barcelona and thus all the pickpockets gather there as low risk....

_A9_6376.jpg

i read they have a limit on the value...if anything below 400 euro....dun need to bother....what a way to start an adventure..

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 7/2/2024 at 5:11 PM, Spidey10 said:

Shit! i read a lot on line regarding getting pick in Madrid and Barcelona....u didn't take precaution and put all the bags and carry it in front of u?

heading there in Oct...

If you are really careful, which we are for the rest of the trip, it is pretty safe. I think my wife was just careless… but u have to be careful constantly which kind of sucks for vacation. 
If u read online, there are all sorts of thefts going on… 

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
On 7/2/2024 at 3:58 PM, Wind30 said:

Madrid. 

_A7R3336.jpg

_A9_6644.jpg

Nice....more photo pls....:grin:...how many weeks there?....i have planned my itinerary liao...2 weeks! and booked a caddy...madria, barcelona and andulasia andulasia...can't wait...

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
On 7/2/2024 at 5:16 PM, Wind30 said:

If you are really careful, which we are for the rest of the trip, it is pretty safe. I think my wife was just careless… but u have to be careful constantly which kind of sucks for vacation. 
If u read online, there are all sorts of thefts going on… 

indeed....gotta be really careful....but we have been to eastern europe...and came out unscath...so...hhhmm

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

I thot u were plannign somewhere else....ahhahah....didn't know u were planning for spain and Portugal as well...hehhehe...

i am going to do some hiking too when i am there...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Haha, nice to be there. But recently years in Spain, lots of these pickpockets. I haven't been to Portugal though.

And peifu, you still got the calmness to go out take photos. Engjoy bro

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

I mean that compared to Paris/italy, spain is much better from my own experience. Of course still got to take ur own precautions no matter where you go.

many years ago, despite carrying money bag strapped to my chest, i still fall victim to a group of coloured crooks in the subway in Milan. 5-6 of them like just harrassed and push around in deliberate manner and before i could react my wallet was gone. the rest of the passengers in the train just mind their own business. i didn't give chase cos i was also worried for the safety of my wife and myself. then just made a report in the police post in the next station. Lucky not too much $ and covered by insurance. According to the officer, it's everyday affair.

Barcelona was much much safer i feel less threatened, at least i don't see that many coloured people and touting around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 5:13 PM, Spidey10 said:

i read they have a limit on the value...if anything below 400 euro....dun need to bother....what a way to start an adventure..

Just like US also...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 5:16 PM, Wind30 said:

If you are really careful, which we are for the rest of the trip, it is pretty safe. I think my wife was just careless… but u have to be careful constantly which kind of sucks for vacation. 
If u read online, there are all sorts of thefts going on… 

Yes... that's why I hate it... don't want to be on alert all the time...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 5:18 PM, Spidey10 said:

indeed....gotta be really careful....but we have been to eastern europe...and came out unscath...so...hhhmm

I went in 2008, it was a lot more honest then I feel... it was just the early days of globalization and crime syndicates were not so entrenched in those countries yet I think...

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 7/2/2024 at 5:17 PM, Spidey10 said:

Nice....more photo pls....:grin:...how many weeks there?....i have planned my itinerary liao...2 weeks! and booked a caddy...madria, barcelona and andulasia andulasia...can't wait...

Two weeks. Barcelona, Madrid, Santiago de Compostela, porto, Lisbon, montesserat, carcasonne. Took train mainly and a few private day tours. Did not drive. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...