Jump to content

Japan declares victory in effort to XXX (please don't fall off your chair when you click on the link)


SGMCF328
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

WHAT, still have people use FLOPPY DISKS these days?! I thought thumb drive and SSD are much cheaper, efficient and reliable, nope? Maybe I should go home now to dig out all my floppy disks and sell to Japanese? Hahahaha

Japan declares victory in effort to end government use of floppy disks

Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/east-asia/japan-floppy-disks-usage-ends-government-systems-4454061

iStock-503180457_0.jpg?itok=0Jgbshuf

TOKYO: Japan's government has finally eliminated the use of floppy disks in all its systems, two decades since their heyday, reaching a long-awaited milestone in a campaign to modernise the bureaucracy.

By the middle of last month, the Digital Agency had scrapped all 1,034 regulations governing their use, except for one environmental stricture related to vehicle recycling.

"We have won the war on floppy disks on Jun 28!" Digital Minister Taro Kono, who has been vocal about wiping out fax machines and other analogue technology in government, told Reuters in a statement on Wednesday.

The Digital Agency was set up during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, when a scramble to roll out nationwide testing and vaccination revealed that the government still relied on paper filing and outdated technology.

A charismatic figure with 2.5 million followers on X, Kono formerly headed the defence and foreign ministries as well as the COVID-19 vaccine deployment, taking up his current role in August 2022 after a failed bid to become prime minister.

Japan's digitisation effort has run into numerous snags, however. A contact-tracing app flopped during the pandemic and adoption of the government's My Number digital identification card has been slower than it hoped, amid repeated data mishaps.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
On 7/3/2024 at 4:28 PM, SGMCF328 said:

WHAT, still have people use FLOPPY DISKS these days?! I thought thumb drive and SSD are much cheaper, efficient and reliable, nope? Maybe I should go home now to dig out all my floppy disks and sell to Japanese? Hahahaha

Japan declares victory in effort to end government use of floppy disks

Source: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/east-asia/japan-floppy-disks-usage-ends-government-systems-4454061

iStock-503180457_0.jpg?itok=0Jgbshuf

TOKYO: Japan's government has finally eliminated the use of floppy disks in all its systems, two decades since their heyday, reaching a long-awaited milestone in a campaign to modernise the bureaucracy.

By the middle of last month, the Digital Agency had scrapped all 1,034 regulations governing their use, except for one environmental stricture related to vehicle recycling.

"We have won the war on floppy disks on Jun 28!" Digital Minister Taro Kono, who has been vocal about wiping out fax machines and other analogue technology in government, told Reuters in a statement on Wednesday.

The Digital Agency was set up during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, when a scramble to roll out nationwide testing and vaccination revealed that the government still relied on paper filing and outdated technology.

A charismatic figure with 2.5 million followers on X, Kono formerly headed the defence and foreign ministries as well as the COVID-19 vaccine deployment, taking up his current role in August 2022 after a failed bid to become prime minister.

Japan's digitisation effort has run into numerous snags, however. A contact-tracing app flopped during the pandemic and adoption of the government's My Number digital identification card has been slower than it hoped, amid repeated data mishaps.

Maybe Sony still making them to supply to their GOV.... Called it a day a decade ago.... Now their GOV ran out of replenishment 🤣....

  • Haha! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator

how to store jav porn in those disks that is less than 1mb each? [laugh]

 

 

  • Haha! 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/3/2024 at 6:53 PM, Jman888 said:

how to store jav porn in those disks that is less than 1mb each? [laugh]

 

 

Can only see opening titles...the rests up to imagination...😂

  • Haha! 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

Somehow, I'm still floppy......

 

No surprise I suppose🥴

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Internal Moderator

Later i go and check inside my honda got any floppy disk anot. :evilish:

  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

According to the list of the top 10 most technologically advanced countries, Japan is in first place, followed by South Korea and the United States in Second and third place. The list includes other countries like Germany, China, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Finland. 28 Feb 2024

Are we talking about Japan here???

 

  • Haha! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 7/3/2024 at 7:17 PM, Stratovarius said:

Knn. Put xxx. I tot remove mosaic.

Gotcha! The XXX is intentional. Lure all the DOM to click and read. Hahahaha

 

On 7/4/2024 at 9:46 AM, Raychay said:

According to the list of the top 10 most technologically advanced countries, Japan is in first place, followed by South Korea and the United States in Second and third place. The list includes other countries like Germany, China, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Finland. 28 Feb 2024

Are we talking about Japan here???

 

Yes, I am equally surprised by the news, as I always have the impression that Japan is one the leader in technology adaptation.

After floppy disks era, there is still the iomega zip disks (mid 90s), thumbdrive (early 2000), follow by portable hard disks / SSD. So Japan is that far behind. omg

 

On 7/4/2024 at 9:30 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Later i go and check inside my honda got any floppy disk anot. :evilish:

Please don't fight with me. I have a few box of 2.5" BNIB which I intention to put on Japan Carousell. Hahahaha

  • Haha! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged
On 7/3/2024 at 6:53 PM, Jman888 said:

how to store jav porn in those disks that is less than 1mb each? [laugh]

 

 

Every disk see few seconds🤣

Change disk until no mood lor.

  • Haha! 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator
On 7/3/2024 at 7:25 PM, mersaylee said:

Can only see opening titles...the rests up to imagination...😂

 

On 7/4/2024 at 4:19 PM, Playtime said:

Every disk see few seconds🤣

Change disk until no mood lor.

i played this Larry game in DOS version on 386 with 2 floppy disks if not wrong [laugh]

 

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 7/4/2024 at 4:39 PM, Jman888 said:

 

i played this Larry game in DOS version on 386 with 2 floppy disks if not wrong [laugh]

 

Wow! The music sibeh nostalgic siah...😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
(edited)

US nuclear weapons still use floppy disk to launch!

image.thumb.png.18538571e3d512df668139305b4d2fdf.png

image.png.93c5c93969d8084bb5fb4e97d438adea.png

image.thumb.png.ccc1b0213c632ed947d1763a2086c900.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged
On 7/4/2024 at 4:39 PM, Jman888 said:

 

i played this Larry game in DOS version on 386 with 2 floppy disks if not wrong [laugh]

 

Collected CPF liao?😆

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator

Tell me about it. There are many Japanese machine at my workplace (installed about 15 - 20 years ago) and many are still using 3.5" disk.

9TeFr6x.jpg

lVIAOSj.jpg

In fact, we just scrap a machine last year (about 20+ year old), which was running on 5.25" floppy disk. Really is dinosaur era technology... :D

  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 7/5/2024 at 9:40 AM, Carbon82 said:

Tell me about it. There are many Japanese machine at my workplace (installed about 15 - 20 years ago) and many are still using 3.5" disk.

9TeFr6x.jpg

lVIAOSj.jpg

In fact, we just scrap a machine last year (about 20+ year old), which was running on 5.25" floppy disk. Really is dinosaur era technology... :D

Still using Windows XP?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

And they have replaced the floppies with

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image.png.88ea3d8f35094c62db4f2e5e18a8587b.png

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...