New Hyundai Ioniq 5 N now available for purchase in Singapore

duckky25

Neutral Newbie

image.thumb.png.5a65adf1efbc8c57668ce612b4bc67e4.png

The Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is now available to order. No major announcements or details yet by the company as of 7th July but we shall see. Road tax is priced at $6964 per year. Retail price is apparently $360,000 (as at 3 July 2024, needs confirmation), slightly below the estimated price from Straits Times of $380,000. Let's not forget the power that comes with the price. 640bhp, 3.5 seconds 0-100 century sprint. Fully electric but mimics Internal Combustion Engine cars with artificial active "exhaust" sound, artificial rev limiting, virtual gears and more. image.png.c66ce99c162b398e3c000dcabe5cf480.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Twincharged
(edited)

I just watched Mat Watson,doing a Test on this EV,this EV got a Mode that produced ''Fake'' Engine Sound thru it's Speakers,even more fun than Taycan or Tesla.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

@ER-3682 Indeed! They did a drag race with a Lamborghini and this Ioniq 5 N. It had a good start but the Lamborghini out-paced it in the end but the fact that this car is fast enough to compete with super cars is still mind-blowing. The Ioniq 5 N is a true enthusiast's car. If I had to give up petrol, this would be the electric I want.

Edited by duckky25
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

@duckky25 But near $380,000.00 selling Price & about $9,000.00 for Road Tax & Insurance,not many can afford.

• Sad 1

Supersonic
On 7/7/2024 at 9:27 PM, ER-3682 said:

@duckky25 But near $380,000.00 selling Price & about $9,000.00 for Road Tax & Insurance,not many can afford.

Super duper niche car. Maybe komoco will sell 2 units. One to the boss, one to the daughter 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)

Model 3 Performance is a lot cheaper, but lighter and quicker. Unless one really likes kimchi and K drama, it's a hard sell. 

Edited by Volvobrick

Turbocharged
On 7/7/2024 at 11:04 PM, Soya said:

Super duper niche car. Maybe komoco will sell 2 units. One to the boss, one to the daughter 

Same like their i30N, they only sold a few, and even fewer of the Performance variant. How often do you even see one of those on the road? 

Hypersonic

I never like any of their Ioniq, design so ugly. 😅

Twincharged
On 7/7/2024 at 11:36 PM, Volvobrick said:

Model 3 Performance is a lot cheaper, but lighter and quicker. Unless one really likes kimchi and K drama, it's a hard sell. 

was checking out the model3 performance. brand new approx 245k @ 21.7k depre. but a used 2021 unit is 150k @ 17k depre.....

really makes no sense to buy new.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

17k a year for supercar beating performance. Can't complain. Except for the froggy looks and plain interior!

• Praise 1

On 7/8/2024 at 2:37 PM, Volvobrick said:

17k a year for supercar beating performance. Can't complain. Except for the froggy looks and plain interior!

I have been in love with the plain interior

when first saw tesla i hate it for being too plain

But now owning it, i really love the minimalist look. Simply clean and simple

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 7/8/2024 at 3:32 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

I have been in love with the plain interior

when first saw tesla i hate it for being too plain

But now owning it, i really love the minimalist look. Simply clean and simple

Don't like plain Jane....... No time to discover inner beauty! 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 7/8/2024 at 2:21 PM, Mkl22 said:

was checking out the model3 performance. brand new approx 245k @ 21.7k depre. but a used 2021 unit is 150k @ 17k depre.....

really makes no sense to buy new.

Used SR depre is abt 20k but road tax is 3k less. So Performance 17k depre + 3k more road tax same same. So a used Performance is a better buy

• Praise 1