15" or 16" for Toyota Vios?

Le_jeune

@Kopites 

NCP 93 was the most popular Vios model in Singapore due to its coincidence with low COE prices in 2008-2010, low pricing by Borneo Motors and reliability.  Many are still running around today as COE cars.  15-inch tyres should offer a good balance between fuel economy, driveability and cost for this model.

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, awhtc said:

@Kopites 

NCP 93 was the most popular Vios model in Singapore due to its coincidence with low COE prices in 2008-2010, low pricing by Borneo Motors and reliability.  Many are still running around today as COE cars.  15-inch tyres should offer a good balance between fuel economy, driveability and cost for this model.

Oh ya my 2006 vios. 52k back then. Mine was the 1st generation. They called it facelift with a change of the front grill only!  Very rare on the road now. The common one on the road is the 2nd generation. Slightly rounded shape. Wifey named "Aunty marketing ride". 😄 

On 5/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, Hamburger said:

Sell car take public transport. Sorry if the truth hurts. 

Whatever measures one take will never gain back the ROI. 

Fuel saved is too insignificant. 

is very costly to own a car in Spore , buy one suit your comfortable budget and not just buy first and trying hard to Save money here and there, to me you are compromising original plan of owning and driving a Car .

my POV is any upsize of wheels will 100% affect your fuel economy ,so is up to you to balance the Pros and cons, by improving my Safe driving and pay a marginally 5% is worth doing so because it improve the Looks as well lol  

(edited)

Tyre size wont affect the fuel consumption drastically, the most 5% to worst case 10%, if you spend about $300 per month on fuel, the incremental will only be $15 to worst $30, why worry ?  Just follow your heart, what size will make you happier or give you  a better driving experience.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Tyre size wont affect the fuel consumption drastically, the most 5% to worst case 10%, if you spend about $300 per month on fuel, the incremental will only be $15 to worst $30, why worry ?  Just follow your heart, what size will make you happier or give you  a better driving experience.

Ya i realised we pump petrol like once every 3 weeks! Somemore is $50 and not full tank hahaha!

Cant even use my 8 Esso vouchers that expire on 15 July at all man =X Just zhng the wheels/tyres and enjoy (if you arent a PHV driver)!

Edited by yellowshaun

15 inches is a good balance between handling, looks, and costs for Vios.

The handling part can be improved by the type of tires, looks can be improved by the rims, and the costs for the tires, rims, and fuel economy is better for 15 inches compared to 16 inches.