Fuel comsumption of Accent 2003

Anewtech

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

I'm sweating over for my Accent 2003 1.5A, the fuel comsuption is incredible... [sweatdrop]

it's like 9km++/litre....it's less than 1 mth old, upgrade rims to 15" only..

anyone has similar experience? any improvements recommended? [:|]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Mine's an accent 2002 1.5A. Sports rim. It was like that but there are better cases.

Endure till 15K than see how.

After some mods, I am improving 10..11...going 12.

Target is 15 and I will stop [:p]

No point asking Komoco, the i-dots will say its ok even if 8km++.

My friend 1.5M is getting 11 to 12.

Neutral Newbie

15KM? possible boh?

I'm driving a 1.5M & getting only 11-12km/litre (only abt 20-30% highway driving) with Apolo, grounding, KNN filter. Just installed HVS & hope to see if it will improve consumption.

Neutral Newbie

Thks for the replies,

mine is also 15" sports rims. the comsumption will improve, really ah?

I think I've pass the 1,500 mark, 15K still a long way sia. [shocked]

what mod you did? you run-in your engine till how many K?

Neutral Newbie

a sai dream boh.

My auto already going 12 with 80% city.

When I finish all my cheap mods (not all cheap) see what's the best mileage.

If I can do it, then can write a book for all Accent drivers [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I seldom drive far. Office to home only 5km. Home to in-laws and mom/dad also 3km.

So mileage very low.

I did many mods but advice you to wait till 15K then ask me again. In case you itchy and buy, buy, buy no effect and scold me.

After 15K, car should be properly run-in, can start to mod. Meanwhile pay and pay for your petrol [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I did not do proper run-in (regret [shakehead] ) so each mod not much effect till now [sly] .

When you think you are ready............we can talk [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

hehe [laugh][laugh]

waiting for your book to be "published"

can share what mods you did...then i can consider. [;)]

what petrol u pump...its seems that Esso 5000 is more power than Caltex's gold and silver...any views? [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Petrol...the "Hyundai heaven book" say RON 91

Any grade in Singapore is good enough. Just be careful when you go across the causeway, pump the most expensive one there to be safe.

I have try Shell V-power,98,95,92 and Caltex gold, silver. I find Shell 92 best so far, also the point lah.

Shell 92 is cheap and good. Just in case you are not aware, all petrol brand in Singapore is priced the sam, exactly the same for 92(not all brand have), 95 and 98.

Only the premium grade like V-power is different pricing.

My friend is using Esso 8000 for 11+ for 1.5M.

Neutral Newbie

Forgot to mention mods

1)Super Fuel Max

2)K&N drop-in filter

3)more magnets

4)CAI

Testing

5) HVS

6) "Moist Air Intake"

Still testing, when I can get 15 out of my car on Singapore roads, can become sifu of accent. [laugh]

What is the size of your tyres?

Once you do an upgrade, there's more resistance and contact with the road, naturally fuel consumption will go up without fail.

Best to stick to stock. My almost 2 yrs old (mileage 18,000km)Corolla 1.5 auto delivers 12.5 to 13km/l on average. Stock 175/70R14

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Vit4wd,

the stock is only 13" leh...of course it'll provide the best consumption, my colleague told me that it's too small, when turning, the car feel like overturning like that.. [sweatdrop]

I've change to a 15" sports rim, tyre size is 195/50R15...it gave me a much steady ride. [thumbsup]

maybe steady ride in exchange for a higher fuel comsumption.. [:/]

Edited by Anewtech

Neutral Newbie

there is always a trade off to what you want......bigger rims, nicer looks, lousier consumption.......cannot get the best of both worlds......thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

btw, have you ever tried the magfuel before? i think it does help my consumption

Petrol...the "Hyundai heaven book" say RON 91

Any grade in Singapore is good enough. Just be careful when you go across the causeway, pump the most expensive one there to be safe.

I have try Shell V-power,98,95,92 and Caltex gold, silver. I find Shell 92 best so far, also the point lah.

Shell 92 is cheap and good. Just in case you are not aware, all petrol brand in Singapore is priced the sam, exactly the same for 92(not all brand have), 95 and 98.

Only the premium grade like V-power is different pricing.

My friend is using Esso 8000 for 11+ for 1.5M.

I've booked a 2002 Accent, collecting it this week if everything goes smoothly. Question is, are all the petrol the same? Cause the dealer would have pumped in petrol when i collected it. Can I just go to any petrol station i like to top up petrol next time? Or must i ask the dealer wat 'brand' he use then die die go to the same 'brand' to pump?

The manual says 91RON but it might not be a lower grade petrol. [jawdrop] The last check with the TA from komoco is that, not to use anything lower than 95. [:)]