Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

I don't sell car. But from business perspective, nobody will do lose money business.

Agreed, nobody will do money losing business.

Thank you for clarifying that you are not selling cars.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I don't sell car. But from business perspective, nobody will do lose money business.

its ok to make $$$ from a business deal, i believe that is perfectly normal and acceptable by all bro here, but if a company decides to gamble on a situation to take advantage of the consumer, then it is not acceptable.

in this case, the said co gambled on COE will drop further and decided not to bid even though the COE was well below the committed bid value.

• Praise 1

Unscrupulous traders or sellers should be made known to all. The only way to punish these people is hit them at their bottom line. Doing business is fine, but, when it involves cheating and tricks, then this forum is a great place to spread their names and known reputation. This goes for both good and bad reputation.

Unscrupulous PI cheat and use tricks to earn others' hard-earned money. I hope they fry in hell!!!  :a-shoot:

No point whining when the consumer protection rights is so vague.

Maybe coe revenue too much to handle, no time for other stuffs.

I rem some years back, someone wrote that even when VIN number of the specific car is included, PI can also sell it.  What's more in this kind of situation.

its ok to make $$$ from a business deal, i believe that is perfectly normal and acceptable by all bro here, but if a company decides to gamble on a situation to take advantage of the consumer, then it is not acceptable.

in this case, the said co gambled on COE will drop further and decided not to bid even though the COE was well below the committed bid value.

Ya, but what can we do when they have multiple clause? That's the problem we have here in Singapore. Unless we sign their agreement, and make them sign our agreement, then we can be protected both ways. Else, we buyer always at their mercy.

Turbocharged

Ya, but what can we do when they have multiple clause? That's the problem we have here in Singapore. Unless we sign their agreement, and make them sign our agreement, then we can be protected both ways. Else, we buyer always at their mercy.

then what we consumers can do is blacklist those PIs.

as buyers we have to do our due diligence, if u want cheap and good, expect to have risk. there are no free lunch in this world.

then what we consumers can do is blacklist those PIs.

as buyers we have to do our due diligence, if u want cheap and good, expect to have risk. there are no free lunch in this world.

Sometime expensive also kenal chop carrot ..

I don't agreed that consumer should do nothing and let unscrupulous PI gets away with it. No one wants to do a money losing busines. No consumer also want to be taken for a ride! It is this type of mentality that let such unwelcome business practices proliferate. Soon, nobody would trust PI and this would be bad for the overall PI business. Even if legally disadvantaged, should report to CASE about their bad practices and warn others. They keep record and if there is enough complaints, they will take action. Just visit their website for their vehicle Company Alert List. Social media is a powerful social and business leveller! If these people don't know this now, they will pay the consequences later.

Check out this website for the Company Alert List under Motor Vehicle and Services: https://www.case.org.sg/consumeralertlist.aspx

• Praise 3

don't buy from this company called Golden Automobile.  Their SE cum young Owner, Wilson Yong, is a snake.  Only sweet-talk before sales process, disappears after purchase....

Stay away with a 10-foot pole !

Edited by BushidoGarmin
  • Praise 1

has anybody used Royal Automotive before? Are they reputable? i tried searching here but didnt turn up anything

eventually, did you buy from them? how was the experience? 

their prices are so attractive and some other dealers couldnt believe it when I mentioned Royal's prices to them.

this is pretty new PI so I am quite apprehensive to buy from them... 

Neutral Newbie

Pissed off so I decided to post this on my FB.

Posted on Exodus Global's FB and instagram, but they took it down swiftly.

Exodus Global aka De Auto Boutique.

Think twice about buying a car from them. After 3 months and 6 bids passed, still no news about my Honda Shuttle. They give 1001 reasons to say my car is not ready. "Your car is not ready..." "COE is expensive so we didn't bid..." "Your car is still at the port..."

I've got a colleague who purchased a car at a much later time than me. He purchased it from another PI. But he already got his car about 3 weeks ago. Took his PI less than a month!

When I questioned Exodus Global why is my car taking so long, they replied "Different PIs do thing differently mahhh..." When I asked for my car to be delivered by Hari Raya, they replied "We wil try our very best..."

Be wary of Exodus Global. They love to play tricks. So do I. ð

P.S. I'm still waiting............ ð

took ur car already?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

bro, so you manage to get your car ? 

Think twice about buying a car from them. After 3 months and 6 bids passed, still no news about my Honda Shuttle. They give 1001 reasons to say my car is not ready. "Your car is not ready..." "COE is expensive so we didn't bid..." "Your car is still at the port..."

I've got a colleague who purchased a car at a much later time than me. He purchased it from another PI. But he already got his car about 3 weeks ago. Took his PI less than a month!

When I questioned Exodus Global why is my car taking so long, they replied "Different PIs do thing differently mahhh..." When I asked for my car to be delivered by Hari Raya, they replied "We wil try our very best..."

Be wary of Exodus Global. They love to play tricks. So do I.

Be wary of Exodus Global. They love to play tricks. So do I.

Can anyone PM me some good PIs for Harrier?  I had met up a few but so far they are all very pushy and pressed down the value of my trade-in (not even reasonable, like 30% off market value).

• Praise 1

Can anyone PM me some good PIs for Harrier? I had met up a few but so far they are all very pushy and pressed down the value of my trade-in (not even reasonable, like 30% off market value).

Will pm u.

My buddy is distributor and can sell u at wholesale price.

I would recommend Swee Seng Motors. Received my car from them within two weeks!

Reliable PI who delivers what was promised and no in-between hidden costs-ie Transparency.

I would recommend Swee Seng Motors. Received my car from them within two weeks!

Reliable PI who delivers what was promised and no in-between hidden costs-ie Transparency.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1