Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

I don't think it was their choice. It was their choice to get the cheapest deal they can, but it may mean handing over cash. In Singapore, we are a trusting lot.

We also write a check to a AD, wait a few days then we get our car, but we trust that the AD will be around to do so.

IMO if one really need to save and buy from a PI, do so from a big and reliable one, and avoid cutting the PI's profits too much, as it will mean the PI has really thin margins and is more likely to fold..

Actually there is a choice ... Walk away from the deal.

So many cases of PI run road reported in the media for so many years already. And it's still happening.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Reading so many happening case, I think I should help sincere buyers here.

Those who want a safe n sure get car deal at reasonable pricing, kindly pm me for lobang.

Cheers

Sounds like an advert disguised as an offer for help.

Already sounding dodgy

So many cases of PI run road reported in the media for so many years already. And it's still happening.

Was about to type these too.

Alway advise my friends to go for the bigger PI like car times , leco , Hup Long , richburg.

Pay extra 2 to 3k for piece of mind.

Anyway my condolences to those affected victims in this Exodus Global

dun understand why people pay full cash for car that is not even seen.

oh well ...

Coz they surf MCF too much n follow sifu.....?

In SG, we somehow believe that suppliers can sell things to us below cost.

In the end, supplier takes money and run road after being unprofitable, never deliver goods after collecting money below cost of good.

Who suffers?

I believe the law can step in as well. For example, when we pay supplier, a portion of the money should be credited into a holding account that the supplier can only receive after delivering goods. This step is especially important since the selling price of cars in SG ranks amongst the top in the world. More protection is required.

Hope for the best for affected victims. 100K cash is no joke...

use paypal   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

dun understand why people pay full cash for car that is not even seen.

oh well ...

Everyone here in MCF pay full cash! Haha
  • Praise 1

There's only one simple reason. It's cheaper than others.. Cheap..  :wacko:  :wacko:  Over the years, I've learnt, u pay peanut, u get peanut.. Maybe not all but most. :confident:

Exodus :grin:

Really Exodus out of SG already...

Trust me, even after today's saga (Exodus Global and Volks), there will be many more dealers like that, they need money to 'float' and 'maintain'.

Next year will be worse, mark my words.

• Praise 2

I used to work at Vertex, during their hay days, lots and lots of exotic cars inside and outside of their showroom, no one knows that now becomes like this....

• Praise 1

I used to work at Vertex, during their hay days, lots and lots of exotic cars inside and outside of their showroom, no one knows that now becomes like this....

well the exotic bulls and horses need their nourishment you know

:D

• Praise 1

Fancy names like these really must raise red flag liao..

Seen so many with these kind of exotica names really will sooner or later.. escapade de auto

• Praise 3

"An information technology executive, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ong, 46, said he made the full payment of $136,500 for a Toyota Harrier on July 24, after he was told the car would be delivered by Aug 4.

However, delivery was delayed. The firm said it was having problems with car registration, among other things.

"It's bad but what can I do? $136,000 - it's just gone," Mr Ong said."

wah IT exec can earn so much until pay for car in full? Got $ no brain who the fark pays a bloody PI in full? LOL

Edited by Duckduck

was at exodus few months ago but didn't really like the way they sell. over promising everything, hence I walked away immediately.

I was damn lucky to not have booked with them as their prices wasn't that attractive then.

They are either rent to attract easy thinking buyer or they are just simply a replica model.  [;)]

↡ Advertisement