Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

Supercharged

"An information technology executive, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ong, 46, said he made the full payment of $136,500 for a Toyota Harrier on July 24, after he was told the car would be delivered by Aug 4.

However, delivery was delayed. The firm said it was having problems with car registration, among other things.

"It's bad but what can I do? $136,000 - it's just gone," Mr Ong said."

wah IT exec can earn so much until pay for car in full? Got $ no brain who the fark pays a bloody PI in full? LOL

May include the loan amount, bank loan $$ to car owner and car owner have to pay car dealer the full car $$ for delivery. Same as when we buy from AD. Even if dealer run road, the guy still has to pay his installment. Or worse since collateral not there, the bank may recall the loan immediately - double whammy. 

↡ Advertisement

"An information technology executive, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ong, 46, said he made the full payment of $136,500 for a Toyota Harrier on July 24, after he was told the car would be delivered by Aug 4.

However, delivery was delayed. The firm said it was having problems with car registration, among other things.

wah IT exec can earn so much until pay for car in full? Got $ no brain who the fark pays a bloody PI in full? LOL

Maybe take in-house loan la... haha.

Not surprising if he can pay in cash, I think it's uncommon though to have people able to save up $130+k in their kitty by that age...

• Praise 1

That time Volks Auto also placed a Bentley convertible in the showroom and a few E class outside to lure people in.

Ànd yes, prices were indeed cheaper.

But look what happened in the end.

Same old same old.

• Praise 1

Fancy names like these really must raise red flag liao..

Seen so many with these kind of exotica names really will sooner or later.. escapade de auto

• Praise 1

not very nice to rub salt into their wounds already.  no a small amount to go kaput!  not everybody as street smart as you leh... and they did not research and probably too trusting.  the society has molded most singaporeans to be trusty because everybody is just so nice.

if they have lived overseas for a while, then they will be more alert and cautious.

Buying from a PI is all about taking a gamble or a risk as you term it.

a friend approached me to help in his purchase of a vezel.

Went to my contacts but pricing wasnt suitable and he found something cheaper and went ahead with an unknown PI.

To him ,probably he is concerned with price and not so much abt 'reliable shop'

End of the day, as consumers, we all want to buy things cheap.

There is only so much homework that can be done and rest depends on luck liao.

Its about comfortable level too. Buy from the shop that you feel comfortable with.But of course homework has to be done in advance.

So did my friend get his car from this other PI which was selling cheaper than others?

Fortunately he did:)

To buyers who buy from a PI, there are only 2 important things to know.

nett price of the car & estimated delivery date

Because we dont want to part with our hard earned money only to worry about whether will the PI go bust or will the car be delivered.

This is the reason why I only deal with my own contacts.

Trust is built over the years and not overnight.

Whether anyone believe in me or what I say does not really matter.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.

Cheers to all.

Edited by Accordvtec
  • Praise 2

The garment should draw some guidelines about car dealers.

example, putting $1 million as deposit with garment, to open a car dealer business. 

• Praise 1

not very nice to rub salt into their wounds already.  no a small amount to go kaput!  not everybody as street smart as you leh... and they did not research and probably too trusting.  the society has molded most singaporeans to be trusty because everybody is just so nice.

if they have lived overseas for a while, then they will be more alert and cautious.

yah they shld MCF more often lolz

The garment should draw some guidelines about car dealers.

example, putting $1 million as deposit with garment, to open a car dealer business.

Deposit 1 million , scam 5 million..

Still earn lei

• Praise 2

Just wondering if this MF Chip Soon still around, 10 Years on ...... and Yah Motors ....

CCB Mutherfcuking Chip Soon!!!

I remembered my still-green-about-cars days changing my blown tyre there. Got ketok!!! Hope they fcuking burn down and die of cancer!!!

Feel sorry and sadden to the victims :(  For 37 years of driving cars I have never trust PI, I always buy direct from Agents because warranty and servicing there's always a peace of mind.

Just my humble opinion only.

Notice Carquotation.com.sg

http://carquotations.com.sg

now adds "New" to become New carquotation.com.sg

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_PIdealer.php?dcode=1251

Can't seems to find feedback via search. Any feedback able this CO is welcome.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694222-honda-vezel/page-264?hl=carquotations&do=findComment&comment=5413091

Are they truly reincarnated from Volks Auto?