Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

sad to say, you're pretty much screw if the supplier don't want help. Even if the supplier help, you can't get back your money or get the car, the most is send that Andy Chin behind bar..

He wont be jailed.

If business owners go jail because their companies go bankrupt, our jails will be over-crowded

Sad sad day for buyers of EG.

On a side note, can I buy a PI car without warranty and safe a couple of K?

I am a PI.

There is one source of PI car without warranty. But you can't really "buy" the car because you have to PI the car into SG after getting it yourself from exporter. Possible that the exporter can go kaputt after receiving your payment but did not ship the car to you. But you lose only the body cost. Speaking from experience of self PI a JDM car.

Maybe the government should encourage this self PI. Self PI pay more duties, GST and ARF because of a higher OMV. Easily additional 2-3k to SG coffers for each bnb JDM car.

• Praise 1

I was holding back to write to this thread, but in the interest of sharing my stupidity so that others will be better, I will write my experience with a certain PI located in Bukit Merah.

The sales person was very professional, and quite pleasant in the beginning. But the whole buying experience turned out to be very sour, and I regretted some of my stupidity, and here's what went wrong :

1) I did not check that a COMMIT date of delivery of the vehicle on the contract, as I gave them almost 4-5months lead time, silly of me to think this is "safe". The car kept delaying, and each time I called and visited, I was pushed from one person to another as the original sales person left the company. Empty promises, and asked me to call LTA with some rubbish tel numbers provided. Reasons ranging from LTA's import inspection, etc. The REAL reason was actually, they DID NOT order my car in time, even when I gave a massive lead time for them. The impression I got was they were full of condescending sales ppl, especially the boss. Diversion tactics they are number ONE, I came to conclude.

2) The scrap value given to my old car's body was ZERO. I was stupid enough to sign on the document, where the scrap value of the car was left blank. I realized this, and asked for a change, but was refused. I asked to scrap the car myself, and again, was refused. I was so angry with this, and I decided to strip off whatever I can before sending in the vehicle. In the end, the old car decided to do itself justice by breaking down and smoking from the engine bay 3 days before sending in, and it was hardly drivable.

3) The options for the car again was left blank. I was again silly enough not to have them written down. The seats turning out to be MANUALLY adjusted, and not electric, and no keyless entry as well. This was again my silly self.

4) When collecting the car (after a almost 2 months delay, and bus taking), the solar film and the 3M carpet was NOT done up. I called WEEKS ahead, and left messages to remind them that they should MAKE SURE all these are done. Again, was told YES YES YES, but turned out to be lies. Had to send in the car weeks later to another shop to get the film done. And the 3M carpet turned out to be some rubbish carpet. I gave up in the end, knowing that at the least, the solar film commitment is fulfilled.

5) The "warranty" booklet is some rubbish photocopy on thin green paper. A lot of things are NOT under warranty, and when questioned, was told to ask the workshop directly. Another diversion tactic. Very questionable warranty "policy". FYI, they were sued by previous buyers for post purchase issues, and they were on the top of the list for customer complains on the CASE website for a lot of compounded issues. I only found out AFTER. So again, I was silly.

The lesson learn here is, PLEASE ENSURE everything is is black and white. And NEVER believe ANYTHING they shoot out of their mouth. Clearly list down commit date, and if no commit, what is the resolution plan. List down all car options, and warranty covered. BEFORE signing that is. Check all avenues on PI's credentials, and CASE website for prior complains if any.

Yes, they are cheaper, but I will AVOID them at ALL COST. Very distasteful experience, but partially for my own fault to be so trusting.

Thanks for reading.

I think I know wc pi.

These biz owners really spoil the name SG..

Well, I thought when I pay my taxes and salary of our man in blue, they suppose to do their work. Apparently not.

Waiting for step 2

Follow by

Step 3 

unfortunately, this is Singapore where we go by the 'law'.

no point going to whack him and instead of him going to jail, it will become you going to jail.

it is good to take to the forum and vent your anger but in real life, you need to maintain a cool head, think of your family and your loved ones.

$$$ lose still can earn back, but if go jail and lose your career, not worth it.

although its easier for me to say such words since I am not the one affected and cheated of the hard earned money.

I think I know wc pi.

heehee, I think I know too, the one with 30 over case complaints against them last year.

U managed to locate the big crook..

If I'm in your case , I will whack the daylights out of him since I've nothing to lose Liao...

At least a broken nose from me...

He took ur hard earned money n still got the cheek to tell u all those shit...

Later, turn out he is 7 feet tall and trained in MMA. He would be the one wack the daylights out of u. [laugh]

no point going to whack him and instead of him going to jail, it will become you going to jail.

it is good to take to the forum and vent your anger but in real life, you need to maintain a cool head, think of your family and your loved ones.

$$$ lose still can earn back, but if go jail and lose your career, not worth it.

although its easier for me to say such words since I am not the one affected and cheated of the hard earned money.

heehee, I think I know too, the one with 30 over case complaints against them last year.

How bro, next time joint venture w MCF bros n sis go set up our very own pi call sgcaragent ha..

Now when I see companies w "SG", really sianz /2. Name so nice, biz so vice

When humans see so much cash on hand , their minds will begin to wander.. Dun say PIs , look at CHC

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1

Later, turn out he is 7 feet tall and trained in MMA. He would be the one wack the daylights out of u. [laugh]

If this incident happened in China, think the EG boss will become mince meat liao Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1

yeah ... assuming 10 people buy car ... $10k deposit = $100k

want to go RWS or MBS to flip $100K > $200K > $400k

that's what people always "think" they can do ... LOL

unlike a proper dealer ... like Kah, BM, PML, Premium, etc

money is deposited to the company

not managed by ah beng and ah seng running the fly by night PI shop like Volks Auto

When humans see so much cash on hand , their minds will begin to wander.. Dun say PIs , look at CHC

Edited by Wt_know

They have very nicely done website, with lofty claims and all.  Check this out for comments from another brother :

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sg-vehicles-continental-pte-ltd-unfair-practices-misleading-claims-by-sg-vehicles-c821867.html#comments

Is it that PI got big advertisement on every Sat in Classified?

SPH "investigative" journalists should pay SG Vehicles a visit & note down their side of story.

Edited by gasman

I think I know wc pi.

The sad thing is..... after a while, people will forget to do their homework, and history will repeat itself....  I don't know how to improve this situation to be honest.

Well, I thought when I pay my taxes and salary of our man in blue, they suppose to do their work. Apparently not.

Waiting for step 2

Follow by

Step 3 

I didn't know that the police are now responsible for protecting people from the consequences of stupidity these days.

• Praise 2

if really not sure, at least choose a PI that is accredited with CaseTrust.  not that it s 100% safe, but at least they have done lesser wrongs to get the accredit.

now i am in 2 minds about going to any PIs... more homework to do.

• Praise 1

You recently opened a PI shop? :ph34r:

• Praise 1