Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

I dunnoe...maybe you can ask IRAS why all of us here have to buy GST even when buying a can of sardine at supermarket.

Of cos you can put PI name, but pay directly to LTA will lower your risk.

If your cheque is paired directly to LTA, did you bid COE yourself or how PI still can bid on your behalf?
↡ Advertisement

If your cheque is paired directly to LTA, did you bid COE yourself or how PI still can bid on your behalf?

Sign a letter of authorization for the dealer to bid for you.
  • Praise 1

Sign a letter of authorization for the dealer to bid for you.

After signing, how to proceed to inform or submit to LTA?

All PI accept this arrangement?

Thanks for the enlightening, sorry is my mistake.

Haha u r not alone. I also paid 10,700 to PI for bidding of COE...
  • Praise 2

Haha u r not alone. I also paid 10,700 to PI for bidding of COE...

huh??  lucky mine need not pay GST... some more can pay 15k deposit (COE + Car) with credit card.  

• Praise 1

i agree bro, which is why selecting the right PI SE who don't "eat" your money for personal gain is important, there are many kinds of people all around, but placing all of them as being the same isn't doing justice to the reliable ones in the trade.

I personally thought of getting from AD due to these factors, but one SE from PI honestly convinced me with his sincerity and transparent breakdown A - Z, till the point of the amount of commission he is getting, with a great service attitude and reliable company, of course the pricing compared to AD, i got it from him. And up till now he is still in contact with me to check on my car's condition. How to find this kind of people nowadays..

If they will not go bust in the near future, how to explain why Lehman Brothers went bust? Nothing is certain. If everyone went to PI to buy, AD too will go bust.

Just my nng kak worth.

Hey bro, can you tell me which PI you bought from? Yours is a very honest SE who even shares the amount of his commission.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

The car tat i ordered wasnt here yet at time of booking. The car juz launched. Its the C-HR btw.

Maybe u can recommend if there is any dealer out there who can promise a newly launched car delivery within a mth?

What advantages did the dealer convinced you about paying so early for 1 bid guaranteed coe but to wait till July to collect your car ? Otherwise why not safe-keep your money till june before placing your booking?

What advantages did the dealer convinced you about paying so early for 1 bid guaranteed coe but to wait till July to collect your car ? Otherwise why not safe-keep your money till june before placing your booking?

1st of all, to clarify things up, the car i wanted was the C-HR , which at the time of booking in mid march was not in SG yet. Even LTA havnt passed its emission test yet n it was the S spec tat was tested 1st. Many dealers i had went to during tat period could not give a definite delivery of the car except tat earliest collection would be mid to end Apr for the S spec n maybe early to mid may for the G spec.

Several PIs tat i went to all gave the similiar answer of my G spec earliest delivery to be early may. Apparently the red color option which i wanted was brought in in limited numbers by the PIs as they brought in more of the generic colors.

My PI actually did bring in a red g spec model but i was too late in deciding n it was taken by the time i made a booking. I eventually saw on their FB page tat the car was happily collected by the new owners recently. Tis has assured me somehow tat the PI would deliver.

Anyway , another reason was tat my car was only due to up lorry in aug, so i asked if they could somehow make a delivery in jul in which they said they would be able to. Its one the reasons i booked wif tis PI.

Nonetheless, i m starting to recieve more regular updates from my PI ever since my order reached SG port . Latest news is tat they r waiting for Vitas to clear wof chassis no hiven n they will start to bid for my COE in jun n has assured me delivery according to my stipulated timeframe.

Hopefully i can get it as i hoped.

1st of all, to clarify things up, the car i wanted was the C-HR , which at the time of booking in mid march was not in SG yet. Even LTA havnt passed its emission test yet n it was the S spec tat was tested 1st. Many dealers i had went to during tat period could not give a definite delivery of the car except tat earliest collection would be mid to end Apr for the S spec n maybe early to mid may for the G spec.

Several PIs tat i went to all gave the similiar answer of my G spec earliest delivery to be early may. Apparently the red color option which i wanted was brought in in limited numbers by the PIs as they brought in more of the generic colors.

My PI actually did bring in a red g spec model but i was too late in deciding n it was taken by the time i made a booking. I eventually saw on their FB page tat the car was happily collected by the new owners recently. Tis has assured me somehow tat the PI would deliver.

Anyway , another reason was tat my car was only due to up lorry in aug, so i asked if they could somehow make a delivery in jul in which they said they would be able to. Its one the reasons i booked wif tis PI.

Nonetheless, i m starting to recieve more regular updates from my PI ever since my order reached SG port . Latest news is tat they r waiting for Vitas to clear wof chassis no hiven n they will start to bid for my COE in jun n has assured me delivery according to my stipulated timeframe.

seems like i am in a similar position with u abeit different make and model

bought a E200d and didn't know that this is a real new model aka haven't passed customs and LTA before, car reached SG on last friday 12th may till today still not cleared customs!

so much for these lazy silver serpents!

now only thing to do is wait.....sigh...no car for almost 1 month now!

Supersonic

Thanks for sharing the detail information. Hope you will have a pleasant and hassle free PI experience . And that you will receive your car on time.
  • Praise 1

I dunnoe...maybe you can ask IRAS why all of us here have to buy GST even when buying a can of sardine at supermarket.

Of cos you can put PI name, but pay directly to LTA will lower your risk.

I didn't pay GST when buy from AD. $10k is $10k.

PI knife v sharp?

Hey bro, can you tell me which PI you bought from? Yours is a very honest SE who even shares the amount of his commission.

It's common knowledge on the commission lah. $500 is the standard commission, for mass market bread butter cars ADs like Kah, BM.

Continental cars give abit higher commission because sales volume not alot.

Like I said before.

The buying process is just the beginning, in assessing whether PI is good or bad

Having a smooth transaction doesn't mean PI is good.

Wait for the after sales service and recall issues. U will see the true colors. Good PIs will handle after sales service very well. Bad ones will tell u to F off.

PI knife v sharp?

No, PI knife is ok. I got it wrong after checking my chque book records, i pay $10k too.

No, PI knife is ok. I got it wrong after checking my chque book records, i pay $10k too.

My case is that since they deducted the 10,700 deposit from the purchase price i did not bother about this gst of 700 anymore.

PI knife v sharp?

It's common knowledge on the commission lah. $500 is the standard commission, for mass market bread butter cars ADs like Kah, BM.

Continental cars give abit higher commission because sales volume not alot.

Like I said before.

The buying process is just the beginning, in assessing whether PI is good or bad

Having a smooth transaction doesn't mean PI is good.

Wait for the after sales service and recall issues. U will see the true colors. Good PIs will handle after sales service very well. Bad ones will tell u to F off.

Ya , i do agree . 

One of the reasons i went wif tis PI was on the view on how they handled the recall of the vezel tat my fren had bought from them. Initially tot tis PI sure wash their hands off after the sale but lucky they arranged the replacements .

Neutral Newbie

Will pm u my contact.

Been dealing with only them for a decade.

Good n reliable

Hello i am interested can pm me the contact please. Thank you