Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

On 9/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, VincentYeap said:

I see quite a few new 2020 (Mar - Aug) luxury cars that are marked as used cars on sale by different PIs at with good discounts. 

Can't figure out why there would be so many cars that are only 1 or 2 months old on sale by PI, is it safe to consider such cars? Or is this just a gimmick to draw customers?

You contact them and did they say the car is still available or they want to up sell you a new car cause the used one already sold off?

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

When u need a golf cart to view their cars

Test drive the lady beside the golf cart better...haha.

Have you...........?

Got Nespresso coffee and snacks @Philipkee what you waiting for?

• Haha! 3

On 9/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, VincentYeap said:

I see quite a few new 2020 (Mar - Aug) luxury cars that are marked as used cars on sale by different PIs at with good discounts. 

Can't figure out why there would be so many cars that are only 1 or 2 months old on sale by PI, is it safe to consider such cars? Or is this just a gimmick to draw customers?

It's a result of the sgcarmart advertising policy - for used cars you can advertised till sold. I guess if advertised as new cars, it would cost more. So those "used cars" ads can be posted forever for $58 or cheaper. 

Most are brand new (not the actual cars advertised, but same model and trim). Speaking from recent experience. 

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

It's a result of the sgcarmart advertising policy - for used cars you can advertised till sold. I guess if advertised as new cars, it would cost more. So those "used cars" ads can be posted forever for $58 or cheaper. 

Most are brand new (not the actual cars advertised, but same model and trim). Speaking from recent experience. 

Yes or probably want to attract used car buyers. So see the mileage if below 100 that means brand new pi unit

• Praise 1

On 10/9/2020 at 12:14 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yes or probably want to attract used car buyers. So see the mileage if below 100 that means brand new pi unit

Yeah, I followed a few leads & they are actually selling new cars, not used. 

Thanks Volvobrick & Thaiyotakamli !

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Eklips said:

Anyone has exp with best motors, cars and stars?

Cars and stars alot of FB averts a few months back with too good to be true prices. The "guaranteed" COE is a misnomer cause it's always capped at a few k below the prevailing rates. Full of pattern...

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Cars and stars alot of FB averts a few months back with too good to be true prices. The "guaranteed" COE is a misnomer cause it's always capped at a few k below the prevailing rates. Full of pattern...

Can explain how their "guaranteed" coe works?

Meaning they don get in the first bid? 

Eg. COE now is 60k but their "gauranteed" COE bid is only up to 55k.

I presume if you want to get the car u need to top up later. I just stay away when got this kind of pattern.

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Eg. COE now is 60k but their "gauranteed" COE bid is only up to 55k.

I presume if you want to get the car u need to top up later. I just stay away when got this kind of pattern.

Oh. Usually they have told me no top up no cap.

You can try and wait for them to try to bid 6 times see if you can get. If get good, if dont get then u got the new COE price 3 months later to consider...

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Eklips said:

Oh. Usually they have told me no top up no cap.

key word of course is usually .. still not iron clad guarantee ..

like what bro yellowshaun said, likely guarantee if dont exceed $55000 or whatever ..

21 minutes ago, Mooose said:

key word of course is usually .. still not iron clad guarantee ..

like what bro yellowshaun said, likely guarantee if dont exceed $55000 or whatever ..

hahha, ya. so will get them to write down in black and white.

Currently SG car choice has provided a very attractive price. going to get them to write down and if goes well should close the deal.

3 minutes ago, Eklips said:

hahha, ya. so will get them to write down in black and white.

Currently SG car choice has provided a very attractive price. going to get them to write down and if goes well should close the deal.

hah .. if you can get them to write in black and white that coe is guaranteed with no exception then you are hero!

sure got asterisk or fine print one ..

read through all the fine print .. there may be something that says that notwithstanding anything written the seller will not be responsible for anything out of their control .. which can be used to cover them if ship carrying the car sinks, or if they cannot get the coe ..

🤪

• Praise 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Mooose said:

hah .. if you can get them to write in black and white that coe is guaranteed with no exception then you are hero!

sure got asterisk or fine print one ..

read through all the fine print .. there may be something that says that notwithstanding anything written the seller will not be responsible for anything out of their control .. which can be used to cover them if ship carrying the car sinks, or if they cannot get the coe ..

🤪

hahaha!!!! noted. will vet through all fine prints.

the thing with the 1 bid guaranteed coe with no top up no cap, still got chance cannot get???

Edited by Eklips

17 hours ago, Eklips said:

hahaha!!!! noted. will vet through all fine prints.

the thing with the 1 bid guaranteed coe with no top up no cap, still got chance cannot get???

1 bid or 4 bids guaranteed may not mean the PI will bid immediately and in sequential order.  I heard some PIs would not bid as they would wait until the COE prices come down.  Hence, look at the contract carefully and ask for add-on writing on the contract if necessary.

↡ Advertisement