Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

i also got this from my PI... I refused to pay him cos i din take any loan... TOld him that i would follow him down to make payment for my COE and pay the balance when i receive my car... Or else who knows when the hell he would deliver my car...

IMO, don't give him the money, just get a cashier's order and pay him on the day u collect the car or else you won't be in a position to bargain if u ain't got the money!!!

[smash]

↡ Advertisement

request SE to write down the delivery date on paper and with signature and witness, in case they failed to deliver u stil can bargain with them.

i think its normal that u nid to pay the outstanding as to get the loan approve before they can bid coe and get u the car..

u may ask the finance company (bank) on which ur paying to noe whether the procedure by the SE is approprite..

cheers for ur new ride.. [;)]

Why can't they bid for it before asking for payment?

Isn't this a weird way to do business?

Moreover, they're all small companies... whoever knows when they have a red bottom line??

As for me. the delivery date was written down but it was not signed... i wonder if the sales person did it intentionally...

Then again, why must i pay for the balance since i paid the deposit? It makes no sense for the deposit in this case!!

On a later note, what does SE stand for? sales executive?

Neutral Newbie
Any one has comment on this PI Frankel Leasing?

Thanks.

I got my Rush from them. My SE is recommended. Got my car in 3 weeks or so. Price under $61K, OMV $17.5K. Book on 5 Jan, promised delivery date is before CNY. Got my ride on 27 Jan [thumbsup]

After that I introduced a few friends to him, all collecting cars tomorrow or Wed as he promised before CNY.

I must say a lot of your car-buying experience depends on your SE, though the PI plays a part in stock availability.

Neutral Newbie

Basically its all a matter of trust..

we dun trust them with money.. they scared we dun pay them after car is registered cos legally we own e car after car is register.. [scholar]

so.. give n take lah..

btw, i need to pay outstandin payment with tan cheong b4 they will register for me too..

so.. IMHO, they r operatin e normal procedures [:p]

Have been doing some car hunting also..

I would say buying from PI is a risky thing. But then again, if you lucky to get a great SE, then its very good. :)

PI No. 1..M*** at commonwealth

Some ex-colleague quit his job to be a PI a year ago. Some colleagues went to buy from him and found him not very honest. He actually took up parts of the old car after confirming a buyer. *he's trying to cheat the new owner*

then hor, recently, we call him to see if he is still in the business, because we want to check for the best price. Guess what he say he is closing down his earlier shop and opening another one..*OMG* I pity those ppl who kena cheated by him.

Edited by Jrage

OMV multiply 2.35 (some used 2.45) + COE will give u the car cost! Anything more is their margin!

this can not be true. I book my Toyota Axio last Saturday at $59,800 with immediate CAT.E COE. I was told the OMV for this car is only $13K+

Base on your calculation, $13,000 x 2.45 (higher side)=$31,850 + $12,721 (open cat COE)= $44,571

That means the dealer got $59,800 - $44,571 = 15K+ margin? [smallcry]

Hi all,

So is it alright to pay the outstanding balance before collection a few day before hand? Lets say after paying the outstanding before hand, am i right to say they will start to register the car under my name. And the process will take a few day, den i will get a letter from LTA on my number plate for my ride? After all this den i can collect my ride? Am i right?

Please help because i need to make the payment tomorrow! THANKS ALOT [bounce1][bounce2]

hey bro, i also booked my ride last sat but at 59... You wanna discuss our deal in PM, to see if any of us kena chop carrot head?

Pls PM me if you are int., i don't mind sharing. Can give u my number too :)

Neutral Newbie

Wow. Seems like buying from PIs is like dancing with the devil. Must pray hard hard. Unfortunately, I may be one of those that have no choice cos the car model that I wanna get is only avail from PIs.

Based on what I have read on this and other forums, I think some of the more respectable ones would be:

1) Ricardo (mainly Toyota cars)

2) Vincar

3) BHP auto

4) Auto Trust*

5) Carmax*

6) Car Times*

*: not sure if these are really good.

Does anyone have any comments on the PIs above?

Vincar not bad..... I got lots of friends their supporter! haha

SLK, E200, E240, MX5 Hardtop, RX8, FIT....all no problem!

Service not bad... sin ming very way out for me but can arrange them to pick anywhere anytime. VIP treatment!

Hi all

Juz curious, how come nobody mentioned Mova? Anybody has experience with this company?Personally, if i would want a PI car, i will go Mova and if not, Vincar. :)

Kelvin

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm.... Personally, have not heard of Mova. Have heard quite a few good comments on Vincar and BHP.

However, Carmax can give me a good deal on the ride I want, but I'm not sure how their service is like.

I am looking for a PI that has its own in-house servicing workshop, and would prob go take a look at the workshop before I make my decision...