Rough ride

Mitlan

Neutral Newbie

anyone of you experienced times when u accelerate n the engine juz does not moves as usual like extreme lack of power till a few sec later dan a sudden surge of power comes?

It normaly happens to me in the 1st gear and the car was super sluggish eben when i step harder on the accelerator till a few seconds later..is there any prob with my car? is it a block in the fuel line or something?

Btw i'm drving a 1.3m 98' lancer

thx

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

erm i do not know abt the parts inside the engine compartment..is it a serious prob? will it cost much if i were to send for repair?

I have the exact problem. It feels like turbo lag. No power at all, then sudden the car will just sprint off. It only happens when my aircon is on. Traced and found that it was due to my engine compression. The middle 2 cyclinder compression gone, thus cause the engine to no power when air con on. Go do a compression check. [:)]

Idle valve, throttle cleaning, throttle cable adjustment, spark plugs, and such not expensive. But if its your compression ratio like mine having problem, then its [knife] .

Have to bottom overhaul the engine, which is the most expensive. Which some people will just drop in a recon engine. Hope your problem not same as mine. Me going for overhaul this week. [:(]

↡ Advertisement