Will U Tailgate Someone on a Rainy Day

Autocraze

Will U Tailgate Someone on a Rainy Day  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• No (It's Dangerous!)
    • Maybe (Depend on speed I'm travelling)
    • Definitely (I'm Good at it)

Let's change the story a bit..

You were cruising down Adam Road, heavy downpour... your brakes and tyres are tiptop...

You were minding your own business while travelling on the right lane.... Then, there is this car that goes into your lane (not sure got signal or not)... You had to brake a little to slow down...

And you think to yourself, nevermind, maybe he will pick up... but he didn't instead he was going at 80km/h... and you think to yourself, ain't this suppose to be overtaking lane, and the car was travelling almost at the 'same' speed as the lorry... Then you starts to high beam to tell the fellow in front that you want to overtake... Hmm.. still no response, maybe due to raining, driver in front cannot see, high beam a few more time (no left signaling light)...hmmmmm.. you are mad, veli mad...

Just then, the fellow filter back to centre lane, (maybe now then he sees my intention). You overtook him and continue with your journey..

The above is just based on my own point of view.

Edited by Gadgeter
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i believe when you practice, you do not tailgate n hi-beam people right? so when someone do that during a wet day, you know they are not practice, but rather out there to find thrill.

And not trying to start a debate here.

Maybe that fellow is late for some appointment, although doing 120 is consider fast in Sillypore's road, but if someone is right behind you on a right lane, why not give way? Let him continue his travelling speed and maybe uncle sam will see? [;)][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

it is in the wee hours, all 3 lanes of the e'way empty. if i m him and assuming is really in a hurry, i would not risk kissing people's ass, just filter and overtake, right.

Well, to me, there are a principles that I will stick to. If I'm driving at 10-20km above the speed limit already and someone from behind come flashing light on me. I will not give way. If he is that great then why can't he just find somehow to overtake me. It's like in the racing circuit, do the driver in front give way just because the guy behind is tailgating? I suppose the fellow whom tailgate thought his in a rally track so he must observe the rule of the game.

Bear in mind, we are driving on the road and not in a race track.

Neutral Newbie

i did say before in one other thread. if we were the one in that persons shoe and there are some really urgent matters that we have to rush to, we would have been the one cursing at the driver in front. so i still stand by my previous statement. if they want to overtake you then let them lor, that 1 min of filtering left and back may help him very much but may not matter to us. to get pissed over such things in singapore roads is just basically unneccessary

and that's one thing which I loved about while travelling on NS highway.

people will give way to you if you are coming faster from behind.. As for me, when someone come 'fast and furious' from behind, I'll give way and try to use that fellow as pacer... so that I wun fall asleep.. But as always, can't catch up leh... [sweatdrop]

Probably we will need to ask ourself what are call urgent? Picking up gf from airport when somehow you are late because you oversleep? Or rushing for a flight because you forgotten your passport when you reach the carpark? No doubt I understand the need to rush for time in some days. But will Uncle Sam accept if you tell him that you are rushing home because you seem to have forgotten to off the stove after cooking? In case if real emergency, there's always the three digit hotline. Bear in mind the saying "Better late then never".

If I filter to the center to let him go and I accidentally knock into someone. Whose going to be responsible? Changes is extremely low, but it do happen!