Will U Tailgate Someone on a Rainy Day

Autocraze

Will U Tailgate Someone on a Rainy Day  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• No (It's Dangerous!)
    • Maybe (Depend on speed I'm travelling)
    • Definitely (I'm Good at it)

normally even before i filter right i'll make sure there isn't any "fast & furious" cars coming from far back, but given the situation u might not be able to get a far view to the back..... crazy.gif

==================================================

actually I saw the alfa from far (his headlights) behind me on the 1st lane before I filter in... but he closes in 'fast & furious' & starts tailgating me... come near near... than suddenly high beam ??

he should have noticed i up my speed a little & there is no way I can filter left due to the convoy of vans/lorries to my left... wat can I do?? speed over 100kmh like a 'siao lang' just to show him I am capable also?? shakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif.. I have my own limit....wink.gif

↡ Advertisement

would have agreed if it's a sunny day.. I will not even mind he honk me & point middle dickie (i mean the genuine one) at me... if am really travelling at 80kmh (1st lane, with sunshine)...

actual scenario is... heavy downpour... lornie rd (narrow lanes)...2nd lane with vans/lorries moving at abt. 55kmh.. wat I wanna do is just cut out, up speed to 75kmh & overtake... alfa comes... I up again to 80kmh (to indicate to him I know u are behind & I am trying to move faster)..

anyway that stretch is abt. 70kmh max... if white ant around and I exceeds 80kmh during a heavy downpour... white ant will happily say: ur act is suicidal & will endanger other road users....

me will kana.. not the alfa behind me.... see wat I mean?? wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

you got a valid point there. when i travel behind the ambulance, i m very watchful, fr the same reason you mentioned. dun what the stress the poor driver that he is being tailgated.

Neutral Newbie

wl not lah, the bugger wl in the first instant try to overtake you. unless you can keep him behind you fr long, you would probably see only i pole.

"actually I saw the alfa from far (his headlights) behind me on the 1st lane before I filter in... but he closes in 'fast & furious' & starts tailgating me... come near near... than suddenly high beam ??

he should have noticed i up my speed a little & there is no way I can filter left due to the convoy of vans/lorries to my left... wat can I do?? speed over 100kmh like a 'siao lang' just to show him I am capable also?? .. I have my own limit...."

Hi! autocraze,

i think the only thing u can do now is to on ur left signal telling him that u are going to filter left soon after the overtaking [nod]

u don't even have to speed up by doing so. just maintain ur speed with that signal on will do [:)]

what is urgent? that's exactly the point, you will never know what a peron's urgency is about, isn't it?

i always feel that since everyone share the road usage, just give way once in a while since it won't be too much of a trouble. you would want someone to give way to you if you are in an emergency too, don't you?

forget about the uncle sam part, it is up to the driver to decide how he wants to deal with the authority, we shouldn't judge or fault a person. if it is true emergency, i am sure uncle sam will even open the road for you to help out.

talking about hotline, what if someone's love one is dying in a hospital or got into a car accident? hotline doesn't help in situation like this right? anyway these are just 2 examples, of course there are a lot more others which we will never know .....

peace.

Ha Ha...Just think harder...Everyone share the road so it does not make sense to drive so fast to endanger others even when you are in a emergency/urgent or what? right!

If someone's love 1 is dying, I suggest calling the ambulance, be rational, else we don't need to waste our tax on ambulance anymore. My car can become a ambulance already!

Think harder again, while driving so fast fetch your love one to hospital and unfortunately you knock into other's love one?

Someone's urgency just cannot be an excuse to inconvenient/endanger others.

What i will do, is to scared him a little bit by stepping on the brake on and off. If he still persist, ask yr pilluion, if there's any, whether wana new paintwork, or maybe new bumper. If she/he agrees, jammed the brake... Thats what i will do to treat ppl like that. [:|]

do i sense a condescending tone? i hope not as it is definitely uncalled for.

"If someone's love 1 is dying, I suggest calling the ambulance, be rational, else we don't need to waste our tax on ambulance anymore. My car can become a ambulance already!"

well, were you ever in a situation that the loved one dying wanted/needed to see or hold your hand for the last time before he/she dies? i hope not. i don't regard rushing to hospital to see a loved one dying for the last time is classified as an irrational action.

no one has any rights to impose what's right or wrong onto another person, so live and let live.

I hope that you appreciate the constructive tone of this posting and that common sense will prevail.

I will tap brake but will not e-brake.. becasue of ur believe:

In nature there are no rewards nor punishments; there are only consequences... wink.gif

Edited by Autocraze

Ha Ha....Well I suppose guys and gals here are all mature enough to know that this is a forum...Well...I suppose there two thoughts here...The first being "Get there at all expense" and the second being "Get there but not at the expense of others".

yes, everyone here are mature enough to think before they 'shoot'.

i don't see the 'get there at all expense' thought being mentioned here, that would be a very immature behaviour.

Well...to make things simple...Let me give a final senerio to make my point clear...I'm in a hurry to see my love one...rushing through the traffic...you are in front of me already driving 10-20km above the legal limit...due to my urgency/worried etc...I tailgate you...flash at you...you saw me coming fast and having a good heart try to filter to the center lane and let me pass...unfornately accident do happen...while you are trying to filter to the center...a bike suddenly appear beside you...the bike try to avoid you but then he skidded...guess you can make up the rest of the story yourself already base on the speed they are travelling...This may seem like a make-up which many will say..."ai ya, won't karna lar"...but that's when the word accident comes in...So the final question...have I done the right thing?

Auto also can. Hmmmm..... You know what. Whatever that I have describe is something which I use to do. For the past few months, if a hogger is in front of me, I will just follow him to hog. [:/][:/]

Oh no!! I think I old liao!!! [shocked]

Well, to me, there are a principles that I will stick to. If I'm driving at 10-20km above the speed limit already and someone from behind come flashing light on me. I will not give way. If he is that great then why can't he just find somehow to overtake me. It's like in the racing circuit, do the driver in front give way just because the guy behind is tailgating? I suppose the fellow whom tailgate thought his in a rally track so he must observe the rule of the game.

Bear in mind, we are driving on the road and not in a race track.

In particular: "I will not give way. If he is that great then why can't he just find somehow to overtake me."

Self righteous f88kers like you should just take a bus.

Your justification for blocking other road users is that you are driving at 10-20km above the speed limit, therefore you are automatically the mighty sherrif who has the power to decide who should overtake you?

Whatever speed you are driving at, if someone wants to overtake you, and you are in the overtaking lane, and the left lane is clear, you ought to move over. REGARDLESS OF HOW FAST YOU ARE ALREADY GOING.

One day hopefully you will block someone who is on the way to help your loved ones. Then you will realise the consequences of your actions.

well bro...take care and hope you don't join your love ones too soon...before i forget...just to add on...thank you for being a potential contributor to those bro whom intend to change their dented bumper....ha ha...!!!! Last but not least...please really take care and not die behind my ass...!!! I will be real sad...

Edited by Seaweed
↡ Advertisement