Ford Mondeo Newbie : questions

Joey

Neutral Newbie

thanks. will see if i can make it this week but definitely looking forward to the giant meet up planned for Oct 25.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mondeo,

Hope you don't mind me asking [sweatdrop] ; Is the Mondeo a good car to drive?

I am thinking of changing my car and I came across some 2nd hand Mondeo's - 02 model. The build and interior was nice [thumbsup] but I didn't try test driving cos'I was looking at other brands/ models. However, after some reading up, the car seems ok to me.

You seem to have done a fair bit of mods on your car. How is your petrol consumption with the mods? How much BHP have you really added on - 10 to 50 bhp?

Hope to hear from you [gossip] .

Neutral Newbie

can share how much for the 2nd handed 02 model? I think is should not be quite high right [sly]

For the fair price can get 2.0l plus comfort and performance[thumbsup] [thumbsup] . Handling is very good, if got manual even better. Only think is to change the stock tyres, if it still using the NCT-5 [sweatdrop].

After mod, fuel consumption is abt 7~8 km/l, after the buddy club air-con comp treatment go back to 9km/l (cannot running w/o air-con [sweatdrop]). I also removed the spare tyre, and minimise the rubbish thing put into car.

BHP should be abt 165~170, will dyno again before 60,000kms, presently 54,000kms within 2yrs [sweatdrop]

Edited by Mondeo

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mondeo,

I went on Sat to RM - saw the gtg for the official opening. Test drove the Mondeo. Here are my findings:

1. Spacious

2. Good feel and handling (to me)

3. Noisy (can hear tyres and engine noise when on highway. SE said that performance tyres caused this effect. also soundproofing may be needed as I could hear other vehichles >5m away when at stoplight)

4. Economy - Don't know, depend on Specs , others

5. Fittings - ok as I drive 2nd hand 8 yr old car. Don't like the light color leather seats though. Enough compartments for me

6. Engine - cannot see as cover on (SE said need to unscrew?? cover)

7. Price - $95,900 with 22 / 23 K OMV and COE rebate at 26K

8. Power - sufficient (better than my car) but dare not try to drag since it is a demo car

Overall, can consider but maybe out of budget.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mondeo,

sorry hit the post button so fast did not reply yr actual question.

Checked out Turf City and AML. Prices of Mondeo model very high but did not bargain.

Examples

05/02 model, OMV 19K+, COE 39K+ asking $84800

10/02 model, OMV 19K+, COE 30+ asking $88K+

09/01 model, OMV 19K+, COE 28+ asking $79K+

Actual Scrap between 48K and 60K. Dealer asking for +/- 25K to 30K extra.

Is there something wrong with the 02 model cos I saw quite a number being "thrown"?

PS Is the Buddy aircon thing really good? Can fix on my Vento 95 model? Where to go? How much will my mileage improve by? (I am getting 12 to 13 km per litre now)

Neutral Newbie

1. Spacious very very, rear seat leg room even more than Merz C class

2. Good feel and handling (to me)very ture, wheelbase is very long & FF

3. Noisy (can hear tyres and engine noise when on highway. SE said that performance tyres caused this effect. also soundproofing may be needed as I could hear other vehichles >5m away when at stoplight) right, tyre noise is always that I need to complaint, but if you can use Contisport tyre will be improve alot, soundproofing depend what u want, do it better of course, it has the noise from the front side window, need to put some cushion job, taiwan forum has solved it.

4. Economy - Don't know, depend on Specs , others abt 9km/l

5. Fittings - ok as I drive 2nd hand 8 yr old car. Don't like the light color leather seats though. Enough compartments for me it should have the black leather seat

6. Engine - cannot see as cover on (SE said need to unscrew?? cover) he bxxxxxxt lar!, Mondeo is good design for less nuts car-cover not need scew one, even the headlight-no screws

7. Price - $95,900 with 22 / 23 K OMV and COE rebate at 26K resale value is quite low as usual for Ford cars

8. Power - sufficient (better than my car) but dare not try to drag since it is a demo car Auto car can do 10.8sec no bad lar

Overall, can consider but maybe out of budget. may consider 2nd handed, since 5yrs waranty, 3yrs free maintainence

Neutral Newbie

Turf city should be easy to bargain more. But I have not such technique [sweatdrop]

What that I now is 02 model is less the side airbags. But I donot know how many being 'thrown', may be COE & interest rate quite high in 02.

Buddy club air-con comp is really work [thumbsup], sure Vento 95 can be fitted. mileage improvement is car to car basic, if your air-con enough cold, adjust the temperture, less use compressor sure got fuel saving right! [sly]

↡ Advertisement