Power Steering sensor fail light

Sky8807

Was driving to work yesterday, half way on the road the power steering light illuminated.

It remain till I reach work place.

Later start the car and drove to agent for checking, the light did not appear again.

During the testing and computer analysis, found defect in the power steering sensor.

Spent $232 for the replacement of item.

Symptom - sometimes while turning, especially, moving off from the car park, can feel that there is no feel, or very light then heavy again.

That is - Steering felt light and heavy during turn.

Sharing info.

car clock 2 years and 2 months with 23k on the odometer.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Was told it is an inherent problem in the power steering sensore. C708's Fabia & mine face the same problems you have just described. It disappears once engine is turned off & restarted. Oh well...nothing is perfect. [;)]

okay,

total 4 cases of pwr steering sensor defects.

Steering feel and control system can have safety implication when turning and driving fast especially highway driving.

I would not take likely things that affect drivability like steering, brakes problems.

Maybe u can consider fixing the problem b4 it get worse. It can have high hazardous potential if defect is left unattended.

Cheers

Today while driving my stream, the power steering light was blinking for few sec. Is it something to do wif loose wiring or loose screw at the power steering area? Mon will send to ws

↡ Advertisement