Anyone tried the PowerJet/AirMax etc??

Carlover76

Just like to check with you all whether anyone has tried those Power Jet or Air Max air injector? Is it useful by injecting more air for the combustion process which will improve fuel consumption? Does it affect the engine piston in the long run?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I think Ecotek is better since it's got a spring-loaded opening which varies the opening according to vacuum. Have had good reports on it from actual users, some had only better fuel economy, some had better fuel economy and response!

I myself tried on Airmax2 and this little thing do works well for me !

Pickup is faster as can see the rev meter shoot up even faster and feel the power

of sudden pickup ! [thumbsup]

Just fixed the E36 on Thursday at McWell. Bought on impulse.

Initially car felt lethargic, but after a few km of driving, can feel the car perked up.

In terms of FC, no difference whatsoever.

Still monitoring.

Hello,

I fixed PowerJet into my Matrix. Bought on impulse.

During the 1st installation, it does not perform at all as the fuel consumption keep lowering, i.e. 8.7km/l-->8.4km/l-->8.0-->6.4km/l etc.

Then i went back the 2nd time to the shop is installed and i had hit 9.0km/l-->9.2km/l--9.4km/l--> 9.8km/l

So, me still not very happy with the performance. Went back there to do adjustment again and that now, i'm monitoring.

This gadget, have to trial & error as there're no fixed point on the air inlet.

So now, monitoring lor....

Neutral Newbie

Just fixed the E36 on Thursday at McWell. Bought on impulse.

Initially car felt lethargic, but after a few km of driving, can feel the car perked up.

In terms of FC, no difference whatsoever.

Still monitoring.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You mean E68? sly.gifsmile.gif E36 is the older beemer model just fyi wink.gif

Do update us on the performance and FC nod.gifthumbsup.gif

Cheersthumbsup.gif

oops ! Ya, its the E68.

I was talking with a friend who's contemplating on getting a E36, that's why the number crept in.

But like what kiatmobile said, this thing must keep adjusting to find the sweet spot.

Neutral Newbie

Need to tune it to the optimal mah to save fuel and maximise power wink.gif

If I'm not wrong they normally tuned it till the engine starts vibrating or cuts off.

Was at Proserv last month and they were selling the E68...so give it a try...find that the rpm is willing to go higher and faster when accelerated. [:)]

However, my concern is the gadget has a wire mesh at the inlet as filter...not sure it is sufficient to filter out smaller dust particle...whether it require any form of maintenance? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, the "UUUUUUuuuuuukkkk...." noise is kinda annoying... it's there even with the PiperX filter installed! [:/]

I guess you'll need to shove a rubber hose onto it and extend the hose's opening to somewhere near the front or bottom of the engine bay to reduce the noise... and for cold air!

Speaking of cold air, just recently I've noticed that there's now a Super Quick Power (www.quick-power.com.tw) that attaches to the cold and wet aircon pipe for cold air! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement