Need to replace clutch???

Superseven

Hi guys, recently have noticed some niggling problem ( minor clutch slipping, slower pickup, biting point of clutch has gradually shifted higher up )with the clutch and thought that it is high time to do something abt it... Just have some questions to ponder shakehead.gif

Will most likely need to replace something to do with the clutch but wat parts of the clutch to get? Intend to get the parts from Ric-tat (Toyota stockist ) but not too sure wat to tell them in case they were to ask meconfused.gif Quite embarassing to end up tongue tied sweatdrop.gif

Any pointers from the Lao Jiaos?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just tell them you need to replace clutch, they should give you a new clutch pressure plate or cover, clutch disc and bearings.....if not check with your workshop on what to get..nod.gif

i suggest you bring to a workshop to check it before you buy your parts. there are a lot of parts related to the clutch system, master pump, slave pump, clutch plate, cover etc etc ....

actually i thought when clutch start to wear off, the biting point gets lower and lower.

yap... think that sounds more logical... actually due for servicing soon so might get mech to confirm first. Thks thumbsup.gif

Not too sure also... for my case, my car's biting point nearer the top liao ( ie. have to release the clutch pedal higher up then can feel the gear engaged ) sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

hey bro looks like we're in the same boat. haha i also went thru all the past postings like u man. maybe we can go to a same workshop n change together, can try bargaining for lower price eh.. [:)]

Hi! Luckily for me, my mechanic recommended me to replace my clutch oil first and then monitor the situation. It turned out fine since then. thumbsup.gif

Maybe u can try it too ( hopefully not too late liao )sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

Normally, if you experience clutch slippage, how long more can the clutch last, if with normal driving? Car left less than a year, so dunno whether should change clutch or not.......