"Marathon" VW Passat

Flim

Neutral Newbie

Just want to know if any bros from this forum has made booking for the "marathon" Passat from CnC ? Have booked mine 3 weeks ago and am waiting patiently day-by-day [sweatdrop] to look forward the marathon event to be over soon and have my car delivered.

Any "marathon" VW owners care to share what to watch out for when collecting the car ?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Welcome to MCF wink.gif

Congrats on your new ride wink.gif Do check our Resources folder for tips and what to look out for when collecting your car.

Do join our weekly meetups on fridays so you can show off your new ride wink.gif

What that "marathon" means?? Is it have to wait very long to deliver ? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Just joking !

Welcome to MCF and enjoy yourself. You can find some guideline in Resources Folder on collecting car. thumbsup.gif

Cheers smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

What I know is that CnC is sponsoring 7 units of passat for the coming marathon event organized by Stanchart on this coming Sunday to ferry VIPs. Once the event is done, these cars are returned to CnC and will later sell(or sold) them at discounted price.

That's how the marathon term comes about. [gossip]

Neutral Newbie
these cars are returned to CnC and will later sell(or sold) them at discounted price....

...at quite a substantial discount, the last I checked. [thumbsup] Nice buy, I must admit - any intentions of chipping it to the ABT-like spec ? [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Was quoted 2K to upgrade the ECU at CnC.

However,have top up 3K [bigcry] for the VW sport rims, leather seats and Blaupaunt CD 10-disc changer. So...not at this time.

Neutral Newbie

The discounted price is 115K. Add another 3K for VW 16" sport rims, leather seats and 10 discs changer.

Neutral Newbie
Just want to know if any bros from this forum has made booking for the "marathon" Passat from CnC ? Have booked mine 3 weeks ago and am waiting patiently day-by-day [sweatdrop] to look forward the marathon event to be over soon and have my car delivered.

Any "marathon" VW owners care to share what to watch out for when collecting the car ?

Thanks in advance.

extra things to look out for:

look for paint scratches, especially around the door handle

and interior as well, u don't want to realise that keys and rings scratches are all over the interior.

Neutral Newbie

Agree with Phalanx - getting the rims elsewhere would potentially get you better rims and/or price.

And to a certain extent, since the CD-changer is after-market anyway, it goes the same for it, too.... [;)]

Neutral Newbie

If I do a the costs breakdown, the VW 16" sport rims costs about 1.5k.

With 1.5k, do you think i can get a chio 5 spoke with studs rims from AutoVox or somewhere else ?

Any idea if the 17" ABT rims falls within the range ?

Neutral Newbie

Autovox would be a very possible place for similar rims - I've seen similar ones there before on my visits there. However, from what I know, VAG-friendly rims are relatively common.

As for the price range, that's unknown to me - sorry, man... [:p]