PROTON owners please come in

Gadgeter

Neutral Newbie
Dun wan to DIY lah - me no good at it or i should say used to ppl do it for me [:p]

Hahah... I think I'm like that too [laugh] Always get my younger brather to fix up my bike for me [sly]

Post: Hi all Proton Owners, (be it wira or waja or satria etc)

Just want to find out who are the Proton Owners here, so that we can share Tips and Tricks about the car.

LIST - Wira

1. Gad 1.5M

2. Shaun 1.3M

LIST - Waja

1. Remygenn 1.6 M

2. Sync (will be getting one in 2 weeks time)

3. Powerslide 1.6A

LIST - Other models (Saga, Satria etc)

Hi Kelpie,

This was my consideration when I first buy the car:

First of all... the depreciation of a Proton is relatively low. Between the range of 5~6K, in which a Rolla was around 6~7K, Mit 6~8k at the time I purchase mine.

The maintenance cost is much lower too especially when you get the parts from M'sia.. E.g: Oil Filter (Singapore $6, M'sia RM7 - both original).

I can dress up the car with nice nice kits and pay peanuts for it. Tons of performance parts...

Post: Hi all Proton Owners, (be it wira or waja or satria etc)

Just want to find out who are the Proton Owners here, so that we can share Tips and Tricks about the car.

LIST - Wira

1. Gad 1.5M

2. Shaun 1.3M

LIST - Waja

1. Remygenn 1.6 M

3. Powerslide 1.6A

Hi there,

1. I'm in the process of getting a family car. I try to open to any brands and models. Proton wasn't in my consideration as I've friends, relatives, colleagues that would tell me all the shortcomings of the cars. In addition, its a Malaysian car so I thought I should not support it for I'm a citizen here.

2. However, I can see that the Proton new cars have improved remarkably in look and performance. Perhaps a Singapore registered Proton car is also less likely to be targetted by the ill-intention when in the North.

3. Sigh!? May be I should throw away my pride and look at cost effectiveness in maintenance. How much is one Waja now? Do they carry a MPV?

Regards.

Edited by Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

Its actually a good car to get :-

1) Parts easy to get in RM$ somemore.

2) Servicing easy ... also in RM$ save labour cost do in JB.

3) Reliable ..... Mitsubishi technology.

4) All kinda mods also can do thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Dun get suckered by the Singapore Superiority Complex ... always look at things from Malaysia as inferior. Their economy doing well whilst we are the ones in deep sxxt. bigcry.gifbigcry.gif

Dun think they got MPV yet but I am sure they will have one soon. nod.gif

Think Waja is going for about S$65000 - S$70000 or somewhere along that region nod.gif

Hi there,

1. Its not a matter of Singapore Superiority Complex but more of those detestful experiences that we faced from the North, lately. North's enjoys a lower cost of living but has a comparatively higher standard of living (don't have so much loans here and there, cheaper leisure spots and etc.). It may be a good place for retirement.

2. I thought its below $65,000 now. Not quite sure, it may be the 1.6L version but not that 1.8L one.

Regards.

Kelpie,

1. There was my exact thoughts too before I brought my ride. wink.gif

2. Yup, as it is sooooo common there, parts are dirt cheap and therefore, lesser risk of being 'hijacked'.. wink.gif

3. Check with Sync, he just got his recently.

Neutral Newbie

> 3. Check with Sync, he just got his recently.

I just have the car for 7 days now, and uhm, I've travelled 950KM already, today is my third $60 fill up. [crazy] Sheesh, on my bike, I usually chalk up 1,200KM per month. Maybe:

* it's my brother who now likes me to bring him to spots he have not seen yet.

* it's me, who likes to take the longer way to wherever it is I'm going.

* it's the freaking Singapore roads that made me have to turn one big round if I missed where I'm going

* it's the slow traffic that I'm trying to avoid

* it's no more shortcuts that I can do on a bike

* it's everyone else who now wants to save money by not taking a cab

* it's searching for that empty lots in the car parks

* it's because I'm living in Woodlands, and everything else is in Tuas, Tampines or Town

So far, at running in, I'm getting 10km/litre.

This car is fast, picks up better than a Sunny and the other Toyota car I've been in, IMO. Yesterday I've climbed Mount Faber adn the Waja just hums along, unlike the Astina that crawls and moans when I just want to travel up the Lower Pierce Reservior hilly roads.

So far, I like the car. [thumbsup]

Here's comes the underpaidsamurai!!!

LIST - Wira

1. Gad 1.5M

2. Shaun 1.3M

3. Underpaidsamurai 1.5A

LIST - Waja

1. Remygenn 1.6 M

3. Powerslide 1.6A