Acemundo

Which stage do you buy?  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• Car went out of production
    • Car has been in market for some time, able to rely on grapevine
    • Car newly launched

Hi

The other day when I was accompanying my friend to the Mazda showroom, his wife made a comment like buying the 323 means buying an obsolete good since production of it has ended.

This is despite the fact that the price was very attractive given that it is EOL soon.

Another friend committed on the Megan despite it being newly launched. I would have thought it better to let the novelty of the new product wear out the price a bit and also to gather some feedback on the car.

Which type of buyer are you? Novelty buyers at the newly launched stage, price sensitive buyers at the EOL stage or in between?

↡ Advertisement

depends. some EOL models may be better than new models. the SiR or Mivec is a classic example. for conti cars, better not to buy the early production models as the term 'zero defect' is not in their vocabulary. for the mazda, may be better to wait for new model.

Neutral Newbie

1. how long can you stand driving a new car that is old to people?

2. your resale price would have dropped dramastically too since people will look out for new look

I am the inbetween one

Neutral Newbie

Somehow almost obsolete cars dont really appeal to me, if I book and then a few months later new model comes out, I'll be really heart ache man.. [:/]

juz think of the old 626 vs the new 6. pretty clear the extra few dollars will be worth it.

the agent may still hv a few units of the old model when the new model lands in the showroom. can test drive both and get a super bargain if your fren still prefers the old model then.