Eibach Springs....

Darkness

HI all plan to lower my car with eibach springs...saw some earlier threads which metion eibach pro kit, 1)is it the same as eibach springs. My mechanic said it will lower my car by 30mm and I can also retain the stock shocks....2)is this advisable and should i just go for a complete set (ie springs and shocks)? there also seem to be some saches performace kits for lowering...3)how different are they from the eibach springs?

4)By just using eibach springs with my stock shocks (lowered to 30mm) will my ride comfort be greatly affected?

Sorry guys know that i have a lot of questions...me very green where car mods is concerened...so pls help. Thanks a million. [thumbsup]

Cheers

Darkness [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

For the Sachs Performance Set, the shocks are Sachs and the Springs are Eibach made. However the springs are spcifically made for the Sach shocks. The Eibach Springs specs in the prokit is different in specs.

You can use stock shocks with the prokit but the ride might not be as good and the shocks will wear out faster. If your budget is tight, then this might be a good option.

But it is important you match the spring and shocks especially of the car is lowered otherwise you might get alot of undercarriage damage or even result is a more unstable car (which is somewhat rare).

For details on Sachs contact WRXblue.

Edited by Raycsk

1) Eibach Pro-Kit usually means the springs only.

2) You can use your stock shock but I would change the shocks too. Your stock shock are not make for lowered springs and may not match it's performance characteristics. This may lead to premature wear of the stock shocks and more importantly might incluence the handling characteristics too.

3) Answered beautifully by Raycsk.

4) Once lowered the ride will definitely be harder but how hard depends on the spring rate and the type of shocks used.

Just my $0.02

From my research on Eibach Prokits when i was thinking of changing springs, Eibach Prokit springs are designed to be compatible with stock shocks. The lowering effects are not tremendous (depends on car models too, usually 25mm-40mm).

Never personally used the Prokits before but heard a colleague said it was quite ok, not too firm. But be prepared for a firmer ride coz no aftermarket springs can match the comfort of stock ones ... [sly]

Hi Darkness,

Yes, the Eibach Pro-Kit (lowered about 30mm, depending on car) can be used together with stock shocks, provided that they are in good condition nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif I have Pro-kit on stock shocks on my previous Civic & the handling did improve a lot.

As the labour cost for replacement of just springs or springs + shocks are the same, most will do both of them together nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif go for Koni Yellows that will give you some more room to tune the ride but have to let you know that it'll be harder then just with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs alone (which is already harder than stock spirngs)wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

For some unknown reason, Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro-Kit makes a bad match for the 156. Super stiff even on the softest setting. sweatdrop.gif

OIC, so SACHS with Eibach is still the best for 156 sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif the Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro-Kit on the Civic works very well thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No, actually Bilstein/Eibach's the best. My Sachs Supertouring does not last long with the Eibach. According to WRXBlue, the Supertouring is better suited for stock springs.

Anyway, Bilsteins is more controlled compared to Sachs Supertouring.

Maybe the Sachs Performance is a better match.

yar! looks like Teo Hen also have this problem with the SACHS Supertouring sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif maybe the SACHS Performance will be better but Bilstein is beri ex ley! sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif