Venturi one thinggy

Throttleb

well actually the venturi is a replica from turbo-in or yokokaya. it's work like e68 or airmax 2 but the different between the others are manually adjustable. this one is auto adjust with a pressure spring built inside (factory fixed). not sure about the version now but i got 2 units installed on my previous ride.

got better pcikup and throttle response. as for fuel consumption not so much different. i ha not see the mechanism inside the venturi but what i have one need to clean and change the filter sponge every month to maintain the performance. you will be surprised how dirty is the sponge. i bought them at $120 each with installation. now all sold due to changed of vehicle.

you can get them at $50 to $60 for a used one.

regards

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thks for the explanation.

BTW, isssit self adjustable at diffrent rpms

or just means u dont have to dial in manually at idiling?

I think the $200 plus price is rather ex if

what one of the other guys posted is accurate. [sunny]

Edited by Throttleb

or venturi shoudd be "auto" which mean a spring load is preset. but after that preset, its will actually cut off.

sorry i'm a layman and not good in explanation. the "cut off " meant the air is larger when reached above 4ooorpm so eventually the venturi or turboin wont be doing any more load since factory set at 3000rpm or 3500rpm air suction load.

manually adjustable type are like e68, airmaxx 2 or powerjet etc. the adjustment made to suit individual needs. for venturi or turbo in is factory preset. but can do manually but very troublesome.

well hope my "ang mo" explanation you can understand, pie say.

regards

Edited by Bfmstg

Neutral Newbie

Thanks,very good explanation [thumbsup]

I see that e68 has diffrent uses apart from mounting at entry point to inlet manifold.. any idea why.

Hello, just came across this thread. Have the Venturi1 on my bimmer for the past 3-4months. I was sceptical at 1st cuz i don't believe in these kind of gadgets but after a friend of mine tested for about 2 months before me, and judged it good, before i took the plunge.

Acceleration from start-stop traffic was an improvement then before and my fuel consumption dropped slightly. As someone just using it... that's all. But the pickup is noticeably quicker...

1 Venturi1 is only good up to 2.6L... anything bigger like 3L engines and above, 2 Venturi1s should be used.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thanks for the update, would like to clarify if:

1)Its T'd off the brake vacuum

line that leads to inlet manifold

2) any hissing noise

3)its efficacy at high end. I surmise you described better

low end pick up.

I;m now trying to help someone put a little zest in a new Honda city.

Edited by Throttleb

Okay.

1. Yes.

2. NO hissing or tuning needed like ecotek

3. Low end acceleration is noticeable but not high end. Very nice for city driving! Good investment and its not that expensive too

e68 actually can mount on throtlle body, manifold etc. but depends on cars and made.

for the venturi thingy, just have to remind owner to check the sponge inside and also the sunction volume. too rich might cause higher fuel consumption. to low got no imporvement overall. the one i used to have actually got hissing sound when idling and brand new. after a period of time, you will notic the hissing getting lower due to the sponge too dirty to allow airflow. just try to maintain the item may serve you well.

also make sure the pipe provided can withstand high temperature. it happened to us before. all the pipe become out of shape a fter a few month and this will cause hazrard, which meant no good for drivers.

regards

↡ Advertisement