Disc rotor

Jackfoo

Hi all,

Looking for a set of disc rotor (the one with groove & slotted) for my new babe (Honda civic 2004), any body can recommend which brand is a good choice (a better quality) & where to install them?

thank you..... merry christmas

rgds

jack

↡ Advertisement

Hello Jackfoo , Mintex has a cross drilled & slotted rotors in the C-TECH range. (blue color rotors).

you might want to check that out.

cheers! Merry Christmas!

just my 2 cents worth. [:)]

Edited by Ghostling

There is a new brand in town call "Red Dot". They manufactures disc rotors for Brembo and is an Italian company. I just saw their brochures and quite impressed with them. They hv 6-groove, 20-groove and 40-groove as well as cross-drill. [:)]

hello all,

thanks for the infor, for the above recommended brands (DBA; Brembo Max & Red Dot); able to provide which auto shops selling them??

rgds [sunny][sunny]

here's something i have posted on the AROC forum

================================================================================

=

Just in case some of you out there is wondering about Red Dot Brakes, why they look suspiciously similar to Tarox products in everything, here's what i have found out .....

In the late 1980s TAR-OX had a UK distributor, GGB Ltd, based in London. In 1997, TAR-OX discovered that GGB had registered the TAR-OX name in the UK and started make their own TAR-OX discs.

TAR-OX immediately established a company in the UK - Frenitalia - and started a lawsuit against GGB. GGB knew they were going to lose the case so they offered to give the trademark back provided they could keep the Red Dot name. Rather than having the lawsuit go on for another year and half, TAR-OX decided to allow them to trade as Red Dot.

In England they are slowly disappearing because customers are more willing to buy TAR-OX rather than Red Dot. Also Red Dot brakes are more expensive than TAR-OX and are not TUV approved nor heat treated.

===============================================================================

Hi, can we fit a 4 pot on our 156? Must I upsize my wheels or can I stick to 16"?

If you want really good brakes, check out Movit from Germany, I heard they are OEM the brakes for Porsche. Check out the link. Really beautiful.thumbsup.gif

http://www.movit.de/

Cheers

Cool_jazz

post-6-1072779452_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

This is a good question to start with...beside the chio factor, need or not can be based on what additional power you have pumped into your engine such that a equivalent braking power is required to stop your monster...

When your car was initially designed, the power it delivered and the braking requirement will have been calculated with safety factor catered to the brake...

Brakes are not just used to stop a car...infact brakes doesnt stop a car, it slows the car down and its the friction between the contact of the tyres and road that actually stop the car and in brake designs....there is alot of concerns of achieving better control in the braking process....able to control the car and direct the car while the car is slowing down to its intended stopping point is the main aim of a good brake system not just eyes popping stopping power and locking the wheels in the process and losing the control of the car.

[nod]