4-2-1 Exhaust Extractors again

Genie47

OK, from what I understand:

4-2-1 improves the driveability of the car for city traffic. Torque peaks at the lower RPMs making this possible. You might lose the high end and yet again, the high end might improve.

4-1 is nice if you rev your car really high. Torque peaks at the 3800-5000RPM band.

Does the engine displacement play a part? Will a puny 999cc engine benefit with a 4-2-1 extractor? Note the words that I use. It is benefit and not improve.

My driving style is the ecogreen style. Gear changes at 2.5k-2.8k RPM. At 4th (my final gear), I pull along up to 110-130 (4k RPM) when the JDM speed warning "ding-dong" kicks in (music to me [:)] )

Edited by Genie47
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Changed my dim tacho-less speedometer to the EP71 Starlet Turbo S version bought from Seng Tat. Has nice orange glow, meter to for 2 mode turbo even though I don't have a turbo installed. Hitting 115-120 will trigger the SWD on the meter. Ding-dong, ding-dong. [laugh]

Reason I'm asking about the 4-2-1 exhaust header is that I was intro'd this lobang in JB when I cleaned out my carb. RM180 for 4-2-1 not counting labor. If take the whole shebang plus Marco muffler, RM340. 2-3hr job.

Edited by Genie47

Neutral Newbie

where will u be going to install your 4-2-1 ?

am seriously thinking about it...now that the ERS has 'dropped' by... sly.gif

At least it will remind me of breaching the NSH speed limit. Actually can disable but have to go back and pay money to the wireman. Keep it lah. Quite interesting when it happens and passengers start looking around the car for the SH number plate [laugh]

Dunno but might be before CNY. Unknown_G7 whom I have invited to join the Starlet guys for kopi is going in together to get his carb cleaned out. Rastaman might come if he replies my PM. I believe he wants his carb cleaned out.

I did my alignment in a shop nearby as well when I went in. You wouldn't believe how much I paid. PM me for details. Old school nuts and bolts and driving around by the tech to get a feel. No computer needing info on what model car for the alignment.

Neutral Newbie

yes u are right... JB is a no no..... at least for now.

Do u know about the other 'popular' exhaust shops like Fong Kim and Jeep Chee ?

how are they in terms of pricing and workmanship ? I supposed the products for this is the same, no matter which shop...unless it's chromed or stainless steel.

Agreed! Man Exhaust is the other place if you want it done locally. Dunno if I should get a performance 4-2-1 like a Martelius. Found out they have tuned exhaust headers for Starlets. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

well, it's rather ridiculous that a car can be marked for an offense that is not due to parking. U know what I mean.

The reason the car moves is becoz of the driver and nothing else.. so why penalise a car ?

Guess I'll just spend all my $$ in sillipore.. help the economy back on it's feet. cool.giftongue.gif

↡ Advertisement