New Nissan 350Z - Porche alike performance

Guyver

Neutral Newbie

Yup, saw the review in this months Autocar Asean. Looks good and apparently should be priced as the current Cefiro 3.0L. [thumbsup] Will be very interesting if it ever gets to SG. Very chio!

Turbocharged

Real stylish looking coupe [thumbsup] If you look hard enough, isn't there a hint of Porsche front look (looking from the side)?

I thought i read somewhere that it could be priced around $180k if it's available locally? Although i won't be able to afford it (even if i sleep at the bus stop every night and drink new water and no other food every meal [:/][laugh] ), it is a car that i would like to have [thumbsup] ......... 5.4+- sec for 0-100 at that price is really a steal, some more got all the handling and look that come with it [bounce2][bounce1]

Porsche/BMW...... plesse watch out [;)][:p]

Cheers

Edited by Ysfoo

Wah!! $180K here in S'pore??!! [sweatdrop]

My fren said that it's USD$26,500...... and guess what... Toyota Camry 2.0 basic model is USD $17K!! [shakehead]

Turbocharged

Let's do some quick maths here: USD$26,500 = say S$48,000, after adding things like ARF etc = S$144,000, add COE say S$33,000, = S$177,000, rounding up to S$180,000........... how about that? [;)][:p][thumbsup]

now, for S$180,000 what other models can we have? baby Merc coupe? porsche? BMW coupe? go figure [laugh][thumbsup]

Cheers

Probably man... one thing good about this car is that it's not turbocharged... from what i've read and found out... to turbocharge a car..... there's alot of things to factor in. So this car is sheer power in the cylinder i guess....

Turbocharged

The rotary engine in the RX-8 should make it a faster car than the 350Z, i am quite sure. When it comes to look, i will look at more pics of RX-8 first to understane it's shape better, so for now, the Nissan's still top on my list [laugh]

Hey, i read this weekend the ST220 can be specially ordered, true?

Cheers

Turbocharged

yup, 'simple n straight forward' NA power, pure and fun [thumbsup] and no expensive rebuild of turbo charger and no risk of over-boasting [thumbsup]

Cheers

Yah man.... RX8 is very sporty..... I just talked to a fren of mine yesterday driving a VW Passat 1.8T... he was telling me that he ever see the Turbocharger glowing in the dark right after some hard driving!! So i think basically more cylinder is better....simple & straight forward.... but Turbocharger is good for fast boost as compared to Nitros....

Turbocharged

"......but Turbocharger is good for fast boost as compared to Nitros.... "

exactly, although i prefer things "simple and straight forward", but the fast boost is worth it, i will not mind taking extra care and not 'luang luang lood', just to make the turbor setup last a bit longer, i will return to turbo charged car one day when the opportunity come again ie enough $$$$ in pocket first [:)][:p][;)] ..... previously drove a volvo turbo [thumbsup] ......... glowing turbo charger in the dark: hmmmm, yummy [thumbsup]

Btw... how come yesterday go so many Ford Focus... really like Ford Focus meet up like that man!!

↡ Advertisement