Voxy and Mobilo

Renegade

Neutral Newbie

No, they're not the latest K- or J-pop duo to hit the scene. They're actually MPV's....anybody seen either of these on the road lately ? [sunny]

Very interesting slab-sided MPV offerings from Toyota and Honda respectively, I must say. Peeking into their interiors (I've had the chance to catch both stationary, both gold, interestingly), I'm assuming countless seating arrangement combinations for up to possibly 7/8 ppl and their luggage.

If anything, their exterior designs are very much a 180-degree turn from the current trend of curvier looking MPV's. Anyone know any thing else on these ? Web searches seem to turn up sites of languages that are alien to me.....wonder if there's room for a doggie cage in either of them, tho'...... [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i 'inspected' one Mobilo at west coast carmart and the interior space is really good for this size mini mpv [thumbsup] , didn't ask for a test drive tho [:/]

btw, waiting to see when Fiat will bring in the 6-seater (?name), the one which sits 3 in front and 3 at the back [thumbsup]

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

You mean the Multipla ? They actually have a few specimens running around on the other side of teh causeway where it's actually sold - seen 2 there before. As for over our side, at the rate Fiat's selling, I won't bother to hold my breath - if I remember correctly, they sold zilch last year and less than 10 the previous.

Anyway, for the moment, these pics are probably the closest many of us would get to one......

post-2-1029203832_thumb.jpg

post-2-1029203833_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

Hi Renegade,

Thanks for the photos! I think the interior and seating arrangement are really quite refreshing [thumbsup] .

If only they could put the driver in the centre (Maclaren style), then it doesn't matter whether they are selling it in left- or right- handdrive countries: cost saving in production.

If only they can position all the head lights away from the front bumper area and put them at the base of the front windscreen, this will help in cutting down repair cost if there's a minor frontal accident when for a normal car the headlights might have to be replaced. Apparently this car is doing quite well in Europe and UK.

Cheers

Edited by Ysfoo

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, the McLaren-style would be interestingly radical, esp for an MPV and yes, I totally agree - the head light re-positioning would help reduce the need for minor repair costs (unless that's actually what they want of you.... [:p] ).

Doing well or otherwise, Fiat as a whole is doing really badly - so badly that it's continued existence is being questioned altogether.

Sad, tho', as the Stilo, I read, like the Multipla, is actually another competent car.

Neutral Newbie

"the interior and seating arrangement are really quite refreshing"

Hi! there, Ysfoo,

The Fiat Multipla has a flat floorpan, so seating arrangement is adjustable, just remove the seats & you've got more cargo space, or less weight for high speed runs. [thumbsup]

The high beam is just below the windscreen.

Rgds

Paul Yong

Turbocharged

Hi Paul,

The front and rear tracks must be quite wide to accommodate 3 passenger across: which means good cornering ability? [thumbsup]

Cheers

Foo

Neutral Newbie

Hi! there, Ysfoo,

Fiat cars have always good handling, but I've never driven one, so cannot comment. I saw 1 in Kuantan at a petrol kiosk as I was passing by.

Rgds

Paul Yong

Neutral Newbie

Hi there, Julian,

And a warm welcome to MCF.... [thumbsup]

So, you're interested in the Multipla, too, huh ? Well, sadly, none have been sold here and seriously, I'm not even sure if the almost non-existent Fiat dealership carries it (comments, anyone ?). The only time I ever saw it on local soil was this motor show two years ago at Suntec Convention Centre.

The Mobilo, on the other hand, I believe is sold by several PI's - have already seen two on the road, both gold, one parked right in my parking lot. IMO, it's a lot more visually exciting than the Voxy. Or, at least, as exciting as slabsided MPV's can get.

Turbocharged

a bit off-topic: talking about slab-side MPVs, i always wonder how did the designers come up with the design of the Mistubishi Dion [:/][dizzy] ...... i tried very hard looking at it from all possible angles and still find it looks 'aesthetically-challenged', maybe the beauty in it is so subtle that i miss it [:/] ......... even if it's a commercial van, it still looks odd...... stranger still, now it has a turbo engine! agree/disagree?

Edited by Ysfoo

Neutral Newbie

Agree wholeheartedly.... [nod][nod]

After taking my time to have a really good, good look all round it, I've come to conclude that "pleasing" was one of the words that didn't exist in the designers' dictionary. You've got to admit, tho', that from a designer's standpoint, it's a whole lot easier to go for straight-cut edges than curves. And it really is pretty spacious within..... [gossip]

Disclaimer - Conclusion stated here strictly personal and does not reflect the general stand of the forum.... [laugh][rifle]

Turbocharged

yes, it is really spacious: so at least there's one good reason for its existence [thumbsup] ......... which MPV is most 'sexy' and nice looking? Estima? .....?

Disclaimer:

the opinions expressed here are strictly personal, whether you agree or disagree with them, we would very much like to hear from you, but please don't charge us for that [laugh][laugh] , and if we end up having heated arguements, it's purely for the love of the topics and should not implicate the forum in anyway [:p][laugh] ..... help needed to make this legally more 'jai' [laugh]

Ever seen the high-class version of the Dion, the "Exceed"??? I know some people who like the way it looks, but I just can't help seeing a co-relation between the Dion and several Mitsu fridges... makes sense when you think about it, huh?

"Hey, what are you designing now?"

"One of the new refrigerators, why?"

"The guys over at the auto department need a new car design, NOW!!"

"Uh......okay...." [sly]

...and the rest, as they say...

Neutral Newbie

Purely for looks, I'd go for either the VW-Seat-Ford Sharalambralaxy (for bland-nice) or Renault Avantime (for radical-nice)..... [gossip]

And here are pics of the Mobilo... mind you, there's a 4WD option, and the pics below are of the Mugen version! Any rice boys out there interested?? [bounce1]

post-2-1029996206_thumb.jpg

post-2-1029996207_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement