SEAT Leon spotted

Skoda_Man

Neutral Newbie

Saw a SEAT Leon outside my office today. Damn nice man... the backside very nice. the car's backside I meant... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Guest Triggerhappy
Neutral Newbie

How much is a Seat Leon retailing for? Didnt notice this car on adverts at all. Eh... by the way... dun even know how it looks like? The same S on the front grille I suppose.

Neutral Newbie

Yup, very nice car tho' haven't seen them on the road myself. Then again, considering that only 10+3 units were brought in.....drives well, too, even with 4 adult passengers + 1 driver in it. Came pretty close to getting it myself. To imagine how it looks like, take a picture of a Toledo and chop the boot off somewhere like 100mm or so behind the bottom of the rear windscreen.....well, alternatively, you could look at the following pic. Front end basically same as Tody and so is the interior, minus the climatronic control and a couple of other toys.

As for the pricing, last I bothered to check, the 1.4 16v 75hp was going for $79.9k while the 1.6 8v 100hp was going for about $85-ish, both guaranteed COE if I remember correctly, which I personally felt was still a tad on the high side, especially when you consider the Stella trim level, which is one level down from my Toad's Signo and the Tody itself. [shakehead]

Apart from that, if you don't need the 500-ltr Tody boot and having less toys within the car, the Leon's a pretty good bet. [thumbsup]

post-22-1029462103_thumb.jpg

post-22-1029462104_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renegade

Neutral Newbie

Interestingly, the only one I've seen so far outside the showroom didn't strike me as a Leon as I was looking at it head-on. Then it drove off and, wow, that's one great looking rear-end....! [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

Yeah - I too saw one last week at Maxwell F/ctr - thought it was a tody till I saw the 'bum'. Must say it looks chic with the 'behind' [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, it's been delayed - happened to be part of this contingent who wanted to view it on Nat'l Day but ended up being really disappointed......I think it was stuck at the port with customs. [shakehead]

Test drive, anyone ? [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Find a buyer and we'll get to see in outta the port [bounce2]

The problem is that the OMV is too high and if they bring it outta the port, they have to start paying the tax to ..... you know who [lipsrsealed][rolleyes]

..... so till then..... let's see who's the first bugger to lay his $$$$ on the overpriced Cupra-R.... [jawdrop]

but I want one also....leh [thumbsup][sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Ahhh....Mel,

I'd loved to have volunteered you but you've already got half a Cupra..... [laugh]

And, a well done-up one at that ...... [thumbsup][thumbsup]