HVS and Grounding dun seems to work 4 me

Silentscream

Hi,

Driving a Mazda 323 1.6 A Protege for about 7 mths. Have been driving the car wif HVS and grounding. Monitor the fuel consumption, varies from as low as 8.76 km/lite to as high as 11.78 km/lit (that time drove to Senai Airport). I am not sensitive to power so duuno whether got power increase but I am very keen to improve the fuel consumption. I heard somewhere that u can reset the ECU and let it re-learn, think will it help?

Would appreciate if any kind bro out there who could provide some advice on maximising this two gadgets that I have in saving petrol.

Thanx and "Gong Xi Fa Cai" :)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Welcome to MCF smile.gif

Finally ur first post tongue.gif Dun think resetting ECU will help in the FC. The two products would give u better performance, try go thhru the previous threads discussed or wait for more feedback wink.gif

Anyway feel free to join our weekly meetup on fridays. smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

Grounding and HVS are supposed o give you a more responsive engine. Hence one needs lesser pedal action to get the same rate of acceleration.

There are some of us who are heavy footed people, they do not see any gains in fuel economy simply because they somehow cannot feel that the engine has become responsive.

Another situation is could be the ground points may not be correct for your car. The all makes vary in the way they wire up the electrical component and sensors. Good gorunding would involve a study of where the electical components are and how they're wired up before attempting to identify points.

Neutral Newbie
Hi,

Driving a Mazda 323 1.6 A Protege for about 7 mths. Have been driving the car wif HVS and grounding. Monitor the fuel consumption, varies from as low as 8.76 km/lite to as high as 11.78 km/lit (that time drove to Senai Airport). I am not sensitive to power so duuno whether got power increase but I am very keen to improve the fuel consumption. I heard somewhere that u can reset the ECU and let it re-learn, think will it help?

Would appreciate if any kind bro out there who could provide some advice on maximising this two gadgets that I have in saving petrol.

Thanx and "Gong Xi Fa Cai" :)

First of all , welcome to MCF thumbsup.gif

A couple of things you gotta understand about the Mazda ECU .... there is no learning function unlike other makes so you can reset 100x also no use shakehead.gifshakehead.gif

Same with mine ... as described in an earlier thread , my grounding wires have ended up in the trash bin. No use at all. shocked.gif

Many brothers driving the Face-Lifted Protege 2003 onwards have a problem with fuel consumption. You can try all sorts of gadgets and it will still not improve. The problem lies in the ECU unit of the face-lifted Proteges. blush.gif

Although your engine is the same as mine 99/00 , our PC Board and ECU is different ... thus I am getting about 14km/l whilst you are suffering at 8.76 km/lite to as high as 11.78 km/lit. blush.gif Yours being an AUTO makes it worse. unsure.gif

Just ask Normally_Aspirated ... he owned a 00 model before upgrading to a 03 model and he like you is shocked at the difference in fuel consumption. nod.gif

INstead of throwing your money around to buy all sorta gadgets , I suggest u save them cause almost nothing can be done to your consumption shakehead.gif

Actually I didn't know grounding is supposed to save on FC ... pretty surprised to see people associating grounding with FC.

Enlighten please?

Ed

Neutral Newbie

i tot grounding onli ensure better flow of voltages ard the car... allowing more options of grd..better response to electrical parts... I.C.E and stuff....i also wondering wat it has to do with FC.. issit because better response so u dun need to pedal tat hard to get the same result without grounding?idea.gif

From my understanding after reading up another thread for grounding, yes you are right that it ensures better flow of voltages.

But then, again to my observance and definition, better FC is not achieved directly from grounding. Rather, grounding at one end provides better voltage to the parts, and with other parts functioning well at its optimum performance, then the FC savings actually comes into the picture.

Maybe those who did grounding but are still getting bad FC, should relook their engine makes or other modifications they have done. As Hitman pointed out, nothing much we can do to the new Mazda Protege ECU. Just a waste of time to do grounding but yet, compromised by other function of the car.

Ed

Edited by Ravinged

-------------------------------

i also wondering wat it has to do with FC.. issit because better response so u dun need to pedal tat hard to get the same result without grounding?

-------------------------------

With my previous 323, only effect is quieter engine and better throttle response [thumbsup] but no FC improvemnet [shakehead] . Maybe due to heavy right foot after you hv power gain? [sly]

My present Protege? Same as effect my previous 323. [:p][:/]

Is true that my present Protege (480 to 500km/43L of ron98)has higher fuel consumption then my previous 323 (540 to 600km/43L of ron98).

==========================================

You cannot have best of both world, a lazy left foot and a heavy right foot.

Edited by Normal_aspirated

Neutral Newbie

ya... might not be the work of the HVS or grding . u are right.. take alook at other parts.. maybe wrong tunning can led to bad FC too...

Neutral Newbie

hahahah plant some nails at the accelerator pedal and i think FC will improve by alot.. for better effect.. drive with bare foot..