Front/rear strut bar & lower tie

Jackfoo

Supercharged

u can feel diff when u change coilover, anti roll bar...

front/rear strut not worth the $.

Was told anti roll bar is more for cornering.

Apart from coilover, what items can improve road handling?

More stability when high speed.

↡ Advertisement

Was told anti roll bar is more for cornering.

Apart from coilover, what items can improve road handling?

More stability when high speed.

better tires.

proper alignment. high speed & track setting are totally diff. 1 toe in, 1 toe out.

aerodynamic parts. e.g. gt wing to hold ur car down. but not any gt wing u buy from shop. buy 1 that they do R&D with ur car.

change car.

haa

Edited by I-love-singapore

Supercharged

better tires.

proper alignment. high speed & track setting are totally diff. 1 toe in, 1 toe out.

aerodynamic parts. e.g. gt wing to hold ur car down. but not any gt wing u buy from shop. buy 1 that they do R&D with ur car.

change car.

haa

True, I believe a good set of tires help.

Alignment.. subjective and too troublemsome.

Wings, Nah.. super ugly.

Cheers.

Turbocharged

Dear all,

I'm also very new to struts and ties.

Currently driving a 10 year old Honda Jazz, and I'm thinking of reinforcing/strengthening my chassis, and I'm thinking of adding struts (for the front) and ties (for the rear).

Would this make the ride more uncomfortable?

And would the passengers feel more sidewards force as I do my corners?

Thanks!

Struct bars and braces are fixed to improved the rigidity of the classic so they can perform well in the tracks and corners. When the chassis becomes more rigid it's natural for other parts of the car to be subjected to more vibrations and hence reducing comfort level, including To achieve comfort the chassis has to "flex" abit to buffer the forces gwnerated from harsh driving.

So yes, your car will be less comfortable as you are sacrificing comfort for rigidity and performance.

Same goes for suspension, I never heard of "stiffer means more comfortable". It's all science..

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

Hi All

Apologies to high jack this thread, as I could not create a new one.

I would like to install front Strut Bar and underbrace (Cusco...) for the new 2014 Harrier, any recommended shops I should check out?

Thank you

Sorry I do not know any shops. But can I kaypo?

Due to the nature of the Harrier SUV. I don't see the purpose of installing racing struct on an SUV. Did cusco really have a struct bar for the barrier?

Sorry I do not know any shops. But can I kaypo?

Due to the nature of the Harrier SUV. I don't see the purpose of installing racing struct on an SUV. Did cusco really have a struct bar for the barrier?

Good point, I had used Cusco before and like it for its built and purpose thus was just checking if anyone had heard Cusco doing for Harrier.

I suppose Ultra Racing has but it is just a bar compared with Cusco which uses stainless steel or other "nice" materials. Of course the $$$ is different too.

ENG-2014%20AUG%20HARRIER-thumb-500x719-2

Yes cusco do have parts for Harrier.

It is not expensive too.

Only 15,000 yen for the front strut.

Anyone know which local shops can help to bring it in?

• Praise 1

Garage R

It is not expensive too.

It is not expensive too.

Not sure about cusco but i am looking to get some strut bars from taobao. Pricing is very attractive  [drivingcar] 

Of course get the more branded ones. Will still be cheaper than UR.

Not sure about cusco but i am looking to get some strut bars from taobao. Pricing is very attractive [drivingcar]

Of course get the more branded ones. Will still be cheaper than UR.

Alamak, Spent a few more dollars, get cusco, UR etc. Dont get china bars and compromised safety...

UR bars also not that expensive mah..

I feel strut bars are useless for our day to day driving. Unless you go tracking or if not drive very fast on the local roads. However, top strut bar do add a lille aesthetic effect when popping open the bonnet during meet ups.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 4/17/2020 at 5:52 PM, Discoburg said:

I feel strut bars are useless for our day to day driving. Unless you go tracking or if not drive very fast on the local roads. However, top strut bar do add a lille aesthetic effect when popping open the bonnet during meet ups.

Its true.

https://www.timeattack.co.uk/chassis-stiffening-basics/#sthash.KI4LjBTj.dpbs

You will need a whole lot of work to be rally stiffen

For those that have a habit of getting used car with this low COE extending period, this is a good "book" to read

https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=wJvp5ky7yroC&pg=PA192&lpg=PA192&dq=cars+that+is+stiff+without+brace&source=bl&ots=WVwuw-izYk&sig=ACfU3U0havSBe3l-NrTtp33DUdp9AyqcKw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj0zJn15_XoAhULOSsKHX8iArkQ6AEwGnoECA0QLw#v=onepage&q=cars that is stiff without brace&f=false

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Many will 'mod' their ride with a struct bar and some braces at the under carriage. That will make them corner faster and more stable at 70km/h. Reinforce the racer spirit that they have.

People like me are not adding them cause I wanna give up racing.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Many will 'mod' their ride with a struct bar and some braces at the under carriage. That will make them corner faster and more stable at 70km/h. Reinforce the racer spirit that they have.

People like me are not adding them cause I wanna give up racing.

Stock is best.

but need to do a bit of information for those old cars n a short history of how they need to be updated 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LI3X5Lgx4sU

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1