Glare vs Toughseal ?

Viking1203

Hi,

I'm conisdering between Glare (http://www.glare.com.sg ) or Toughseal (http://www.toughseal.com.sg ). Pricing for both are about the same for MPV. It seems both uses different technology for their sealant. Would appreciate comments on their services as well as customer satisfaction, i.e. any complain? Any idea which is better Acrylic/PTFE Sealant (Toughseal) or Glassplexin (Glare)?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Welcome to MCF wink.gif

I do it myself instead to save $ tongue.giflaugh.gif Maybe some of the bros here can give their views.

Btw do join us for our meetups on fridays wink.gif

Thanks for the invitation. Have been reading some threads w.r.t Glare from this forum. Basically, seems to me that most have experience with Glare. Have yet to notice any comment on their experience with Toughseal. Since both products seem to perform the same function with similar pricing, I will like to hear from fellow forumer who had taken either package and their real life experience.

Anyway, I'm driving a one month old MPV and since I'm lazy, will just like to take the package and hopefully cut down on the need for exterior maintenance. To wash & wax the exterior of a MPV by yourself is no joke.

Hey, you can also consider PPS. They use this stuff on the radars of US Aegis destroyers. Must be pretty good stuff. Check out Sat's classifieds, there is a small ad there.

I did try to find out more on various grooming packages and browse through various forums threads w.r.t paint protection systems. There are various so called paint protection systems. Not sure if the PPS you mentioned is that marketed by Universal Consultant (http://www.unicons.com) or not. I would classified it to be the same as Toughseal since both technologies are using the same material, i.e. PTFE (visit http://www.5starshine.com). I have basically narrowed down to Glare or Toughseal since both are the most mentioned. As mentioned, I'm lazy and thus not considering DIY [:p] .

I understand some folks from this forum had taken up the package and thus will like to find out more on their aftercare experience. Is it really true that you can spend less time on exterior maintenance (i.e. cleaning/washing) but still able to maintain the gloss of your car? What sorts of aftercare do you need?

Hi Viking1203,

Welcome to MCF ! Do enjoy your stay here and come laong for our weekly meetups. More info in the MEETUPS folder. nod.gif

For other info, check out the RESOURCES folder and the TIPS & TECHNICAL RESOURCES folder. nod.gif

Glare and Toughseal are about the same pricing although both use slightly different technologies. PPS [from Unicon] uses PTFE which is similar to Toughseal costs ~S$165.

For Glare, there is a need to go back every quarter for an inspection and 'top up' of the Glassplexin.

The PPS by Universal Consultants is a one time application only. Do check out their web site for more information or visit one of their authorised workshops and chat with the people there.

I believe you are right to say that more of our members are on Glare rather than on the rest. So most replies would be on Glare. nod.gif

Cheers tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my friend brought in a premium paint protection product from UK. It is called ULTRASHIELD. They are so confident in the product that they're providing 7 years guarantee for paint protection. Take a look at their web site: www.ultrashield.com.sg

He mentioned special discount possible for forum friends.

↡ Advertisement