Sonata problematic transmission

Mondeost220

Hey car gurus...my fren's sonata automatic transmission very problematic. It's either the transmission dont wish to upshift gear...or the car move off in 2nd gear...and to let it upshift...have to rev very hard before a very huge jerk arrives and it changes gear...pls give advice..

↡ Advertisement

Better ask your friend to go back agent for a checkup before the problem are more serious. As you have mention, it is dangerous to drive in this condition. shakehead.gif

Neutral Newbie

well, not a guru myself but it i think there is a sensor for the gear shifting in auto. it will upshift or downshift depending on the rpm revved. sometimes, if you revved it hard, it will upshift a tad late to get that torque thus u will experiencing the jerk. but if it's revved at normal revving, then there is a problem. my experience wif auto is, if like u want to drop a gear, u just let go the acc then step it back wif a bit hard so it will drop a gear n speed up, likewise if u step hard at starting, it will rev hard a bit longer than usual and then upshift. i maybe wrong but this is my theory. maybe the auto trans oil might need checking too?

Neutral Newbie

heheh...definitely a korean not! shakehead.gif it's a civic esi. anyways, they do not sell their accent, atos, or any that was sold to us in SG here. quite strange though...wonder why? n imagine, they use a musso to deliver goods, carnival a bigger version of their taxi n sonata for the normal sedan taxi. the passengers cars here are like president, models n brands that do not enter our market. wonder......

↡ Advertisement