Odyssey, Picnic or Wish?

Ling156

Yes, the new FL is more expensive but if compared to the pre-FL model when sold, commands a higher price. So it's about the same... If you can afford the extra 8k, then get the new FL one.

Odyssey - my dream car, but expansive road tax and fuel consumption is high.

Picnic - ah peh design, not my type.

Stream - Nice car but hate the tail light design.

Wish - No regret, good FC and nice design. There are lot of accessories from Taiwan and Thailand to dress up.

Afraid to buy from PI? No problem as there are few reputated, but need to pay $2k to $4k more for the service.

Toyota Wish too common here? That is good, the spare parts would be cheaper. (Last time I bought a Nissan Pulsar, the aircon compressor cost me $900 to replace as compare to Nissan Sunny, which cost $490 only)

I have no regret buying the Toyota Wish, and I am still in the progress of dressing it up. The only regret is that I should have buy the Aerosport model [smallcry] .

Wish and Picnic are the same man. The latter is JDM sold by PI and the latter is by the authorised dealer. However, good FC definitely.

Odyssey quite ex but I think got new model, hence, maybe a good buy.

Neutral Newbie

hi bro, Picnic and WISH are two different Toyota models (WISH looks sportier, IMO- the again it can be a biased view since i own a WISH [laugh] ).But you r right tat BM, Singapore does not carry the WISH model.

Notsoblur, how long have you been driving your Wish? How's FC (% highway, % city) Which PI did u buy from? I have looking around for the past few weeks. Prices are hovering at 68k for XE model from most PIs. H* L* seems to be able to offer the value for $. Anyone bought from BHP? any recommendations on PIs. Having heard so many stories of PIs..

Hey..You still driving the Odyssey? How's the performance n FC like? My dad is going to book it tomorrow..

nope, sold it. The FC as I know it most are close to the average of what I've mentined earlier.

Good choice [thumbsup]

Before the Odyssey, I've been driving mostly 1.6 litres Jap cars, and have driven a few rented small to mid range Japan-make.

With the Odyssey I feel the over all quality have gone one or level up.

Notsoblur, how long have you been driving your Wish? How's FC (% highway, % city) Which PI did u buy from? I have looking around for the past few weeks. Prices are hovering at 68k for XE model from most PIs. H* L* seems to be able to offer the value for $. Anyone bought from BHP? any recommendations on PIs. Having heard so many stories of PIs..

1) Toyota Wish owmer since April 2006.

2) Travel from People's Park (Chinatown) to Woodlands on CTE without traffic jam (Sunday), the meter read 18km/litre with average speed 90km/h.

3) Calculated in between petrol top up is 13.8km/litre, mostly travelling on CTE, BKE, SLE and KJE to customer site. RPM maintain below 3000 most of the time with average speed 110km/h.

4) Bought from Motor Traders (6-in-1, part of Pinnacle) as they offered the lowest price for X model at $72K at that time. No problem with them, and car was delivered within one month. (Mova offer $74k with 3rd row aircon for XE model).

5) If you are unsure about PI, don't take risk and go for reputated company like Mova, Richburg and Ricardo. A few of my friends bought from Vin Car, price is a bit higher but they keep their promise on accessories and delivery date.

You have to take risk, and do not complain if you want the best of everything. Maybe I was lucky at that time of purchase. PI/SE might not be able to deliver as promise due to over demand than they good supply, as they just want to close deal and earn commission.

hahahahahaha!!!! joke of the day. Wish and Picnic are the same.... [laugh]

Picnic is the same as the Ipsum la bro.. Ipsum brought in by PI and is 2.4

Wish and Picnic are two different MPVs in a different class, with different engines and totally different design.

Wish is considered a small MPV while Picnic is considered a mid-size MPV.

Edited by Carcraze

Anyway what exterior/interior colour would you choose for the Odyssey? My dad still wondering whether should buy the old model or the one with the facelift...its a $8k difference...do you guys think its advisable to put I.C.E in the odyssey?

i think the exterior/interior colour is fixed right? meaning if u choose a particular ext colour, it comes with a fixed interior colour. we can't match it to our taste. however, the car looks good in black amethyst pearl(new colour for f/l model). i like pearl or matt colours. metallic may reveal too much silver dots. thankfully, for the ody, only two colours are metallic-silver and grayish mauve i think. the rest are all pearl. [thumbsup]

Edited by Carcraze

OKie ... you are right ... as it is based on my conception. However, Wish is by PI and Pinic is by BM and i do feel from the outside, their size looks almost similar and that is based on first look. Anyway, agree with you.

Anyway what exterior/interior colour would you choose for the Odyssey? My dad still wondering whether should buy the old model or the one with the facelift...its a $8k difference...do you guys think its advisable to put I.C.E in the odyssey?

For Odyssey there is a unique colour like Dark purple like that...very nice and mixed with Black leather...I.C.E, i feel is a must...

Hmm i extra a bit, take the new stream. nice car :D

Actually i don't quite like the new stream...I rather take the Edix or Wish (if i want better power)...

Actually i don't quite like the new stream...I rather take the Edix or Wish (if i want better power)...

The Edix look best, the Stream look really urgly from the back.

07stream-007.jpg

Edited by Notsoblurr

Neutral Newbie
there is a driver from SSOG (S'pore Stream Owner's Group) who fedback that is it 11.3km/l with ah pek style driving bec he is running in. quite promising. with existing stream is hitting abt 10.8km - 11.2km/l. 70% city, 30% highway.

Ling156, so, how long have you been drivin your Wish? FC?

Our Wish used to by driven by my hubby to fetch me to work and to his office. Our driving pattern is mostly city driving, can say about 85% so FC wise, it would not be as good as the others. Mostly we get about 10 - 10.5km/l which I reckon is quite alrite for us. Now all the more, as I'm the one driving (am not working now and hubby posted overseas) and I only occassionally go out onto the expressway, the FC's dropped.

So when hubby asked me whether I wanted to change to a smaller car, I said NO! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I still like the car very much and wouldn't want to trade it for another. And the other thing is that the car can be dresssed to the nines - bery swee cool.gifcool.gifthumbsup.gif