Hot off the Seat Press.....

SEAT will reveal the new generation of the C

post-22-1031216896_thumb.jpg

post-22-1031216897_thumb.jpg

post-22-1031216898_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renegade
↡ Advertisement

That's b'cos the Mazda6 ripped-off the new Ibiza..... [:p]

(...either that or everyone's really hot on Altezza-esque lights for the moment.... [laugh] )

post-22-1031218769_thumb.jpg

post-22-1031218770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renegade

the rear lights look good, abit like the AR156? but with the circular insets [thumbsup][thumbsup]

the front looks aggressive yet remains beautiful ie won't give children nightmares and scare off cats, and DOGs [laugh]

the wheel arch flares are subtle but add abit of muscular look

when will it be available in spg?

cheers

Neutral Newbie

don't like it. somehow, when I see cars without big protuding wheel fender arc, it's akin to woman without double eyelid [sweatdrop]

Okay, let's be economical on posting replies (and avoid prospect of being Gu....oh, you know... [laugh] )

YSFoo: No idea when it'll be in S'pore, but I think it won't be here for a while as it'll take a while for the rhd version to get built. On top of that, looking at how well Seat's are sold here and I think the dealer's still got quite a few of the existing model on hand. Oh well, personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on seeing it this time next year..... [gossip]

Sky8807: I'm inclined to agree with you on the Ibiza thing. Might be because of the pictures or something but I feel the Cordoba looks a bit undertired....

Soya/YSFoo (on 156 inclinations): If you consider the fact that the Seat design boss, Walter DaSilva, is ex-Alfa who penned, among others, the 156, don't think you'll be anymore surprised to find hints of new generation AR's on Seat's. Still straining hard to see DaSilva's influnce on my Toad, tho'..... [:)]

If anything, I'll say he's doing a lot better inspiration-wise than Chris Bangle.... [:p][smash]

DaSilva did a better job at Alfa i think. The 156, 147 is beautiful but thought the interim facelift done by him on the previous Ibiza/Cordoba was a disaster (esp the rear). This new Cordoba looks like it needs a dosage of Slim 10. The current Toledo looks good tho. Was it done by him too?

DaSilva on the Tody ? Can't quite remember but I believe it was.....then again, was he there yet when they did the Mk2 Tody ? Yes, I think the 156 is probably his best job on the road today (wonder if they'll build the Salsa, tho') and by far one of the prettiest 'common' cars around today. Also, can't blame him too much on the facelift as I feel mid-life facelifts, given the constraints already in place, usually have a 50/50 chance of going haywire.

Oh well, give me DaSilva over Bangle anytime, man.... [nod]

Edited by Renegade

Oops....Stop Press - it wasn't DaSilva, it was an ItalDesign and VAG in-house piece of work. Here's an excerpt from the launch press kit publication:

"....model design certainly reflects the influence of Giugiaro, at the head of Italdesign, who put forward his respected style proposal some time ago. However, subsequent development of the Toledo's bodystyle incorporates the work of the Design Center Europe at Sitges (owned equally by SEAT, Audi and Volkswagen), and modifications introduced by the SEAT Technical Centre at Martorell..."

Wow!! think the Skoda company is really hitting the Automotive industry with a big bang man!! [thumbsup]

Hope it wakes up some ideas to those current manufacturer and they better stop sleeping and start cracking their brains!!

Hope it wakes up some ideas to those current manufacturer and they better stop sleeping and start cracking their brains!!

Er...you mean Seat ? Anyway, no matter which one you're talking about, it won't really affect the market over this side of the world - just remember how many Skoda/Seats are sold over here....it's probably less than what a single Asian make sells in a forthnight.

Which, if you think about it, is utterly pathetic.... [shakehead]

hi Renegade,

are you interested in trying your hands on car desgin.... before Proton started launching their 1st car, they held a public car competition (part of publicity stunts), guess wat?.... yours truly won 3rd prize [laugh][laugh] .... to be frank, the design i submitted was a CLONE of the early 80s' Nissan Leopard, with the front end of the then Civic..... shame shame [:/] .... nonetheless, i was more than happy to pocket the prize money [laugh][laugh][laugh]

hey, your game or not..... let's sketch (or use computer) to come up with our ideal design and see what the folks here have to say....... you'll never know until you try......

i still have stacks of car sketches done over the past 20 years+++..... stopped this hobby for last 8 years tho' [:/]

some of my ideas did turn out 3-4 years later in real car after i had them in my sketches..... hidden talent huh? [laugh][laugh]

cheers mate

Edited by Ysfoo
↡ Advertisement