Kenwood HU in Protege 03

Protege

Dear All,

I am not satisfied with the original Kenwood HU given my Mazda. Intending to change it. Since the car allow for a Double Din slot, can anyone recommend a double din HU from Kenwood so that I can use back the 10 disc changer that I currently have? Anyone got lobang?

Cheers!!

↡ Advertisement

I find that it looks better. Anyway the current HU really bad. Or do you have any recommendation on Single Din HU from Kenwood which performs better?

Cheers!!

Turbocharged

Are you considering mp3 HUs?? With a mp3 HU, the changer is likely not required anymore, and you have a wider selection of HUs to choose from, not limited to Kenwood only.

Turbocharged

Am using a Clarion myself. Brands that you can look out for include Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine, Blaupunkt.

As each brand (and including the HU in each range) has different characterisitics, suggest that you audition it at the shop or other cars.

But the front speakers change should come first as it would give you a bigger improvement compared to the HU.

I think double din is not worth the money leh ... unless got built in LCD screen. [:)]

My old stock HU was a Kenwood 4030 double din. Then I change it to Alpine 9813... The difference is that I am hearing details I am not hearing from my Kenwood. Then from then on, my opinion of Kenwood is [thumbsdown] ...

Actually u can go down to SLS or SLT to have a look for HU.

Neutral Newbie

yes yes! i have a damn solid kenwood HU for u. single din though.. haha.. its the KRC-663! [thumbsup] amazing power of 35Wx4! [shocked] got casette tape player too! [crazy] where to find nowadays??! hehe.. since u r fellow forumer i sell u cheap lah $50 can liao.. hahaha [laugh]

I change my HU to a Alpine 9815 with a 12 disc changer. As for speakers, i am using Alpine's component and planning to add a sub soon. Nothing fantastic. Just normal.

Cheers!!

↡ Advertisement