Hyundai Matrix :Reliability ??

Maz75

Neutral Newbie

Hello Everyone, [:)]

Just like to check with u owners of Hyundai Matrix,is there some of you have driven the car for more than 3 years or less.As a fren of mine is intending to book a new car but is sceptical about buying a Korean car as some say it gets problematic after 3 yrs.I told him that Hyundai has been improving thruout the years.So can u guys kindly give me your honest opinions and no offence to any Hyundai car owners.Would like to help out a fren who is first time buying a new car and budget below $65k and thinking of FC into consideration as well

Please feedback with your opinons [thumbsup]

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

hello,

i can't realli give u a first hand experience on how well the matrix perform as i will onli be getting mine somewhere next week...

but think this might help your friend to make up his mind... current matrix cost $61888 and KMC claim they can get COE within the first 2 bid... and they have ready stock... current matrix comes with spoiler, arm rest, leather seats and alarm as standard... i did test drive the car... i would says the feeling is somewhat similar to my dad's sunny... not that powerful, but think sufficient for daily usuage... but it does provide better driving view due to it's additional height... but golfers like mi might feel short changed... cos the boot is hopeless for the golf bag...

my initial choice was the sunny... but choose the matrix instead because besides being cheaper... the interior of the sunny was no match for the matrix... the matrix has alot of interior gimmicks that only luxury version of the sunny offers... it has things like sunglass holder, map reading light, much better audio system, etc... and the best of all, the back passenger has a much comfortable ride... especially important if u r a frequent traveller up north...

however the FC of the matrix is hopeless... most people experience 8 to 9 km/l... but if u r light footed... think u can achieve up to 12km/l... personally i think it is alright... cos my dad's sunny also manage about 10km/l... and consider the matrix is heavier... the ride is definitely more stable especially along the highway...

Neutral Newbie

Yeas, imo, Hyundai has indeed improved alot. i've not driven several Hyundais, but gather the feedback from my pals.

And i'd say that Hyundai cars are less prone to wind noise intrusion, i compare my present Matrix (& my pals' Sonata) with my previous Galant & Sunny (yeah, unless those 2 cars i bought were, unluckily, lemons). But well, if we really want a superb quiet ride, guess BMW/ Merz/ Lex are the ones we shall go for. But, alas, the price are too unapproachable to me.

Would say that Hyundai are value-for-money, if with the views of price tag. [:)]

But the running cost won't be the best. Yeas, the FC are just as bad as (or even worse than) Sunny / 323. Rolla shall have better FC, by about 1 to 3Km/L (comparing 1.6A Rolla with 1.6A Matrix). If looking for good FC cars in Hyunday stable, simply forget it, neither 1.6M, 1.6A nor 1.8A Matrix can get you good FC. [rifle] 1.8A will return even higher FC, based on official spec and friend's claims. But, 1.8A shall be more agile.

Matrix is still recommendable, if one is looking for plentiful of space and higher ride position. Those are the aspects i looked for, and made me dump Galant for Matrix.

Hope that the above helps. Simple,get what you want. [nod]

Cheers, [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

juz 1 thing i'm satisfied abt matrix: very comfy!!! [thumbsup]

i think any cars after 3yrs will have hiccups in some way...abt FC, my full tank now abt 570/600KM using 95/98 juz before warning lite to empty...meter abt 2200KM..hope to see improved FC after 10000KM servicing...noticed wen using 98 the knocking is smoother...

my old ride was a manual....now since migrated to auto, can really feel the slag....but gd for morning jams tho..not sure if manual matrix pickup better...washing matrix might have problem bcoz of its height...

this is my 1st hyundai...my fren driving a ~3yr used accent n he's happy wif its perfomance so far....dont worry abt offending hyundai owners coz most of them shud be happy wif their rides...i noe i do!!!

if you buy the 2004 matrix onwards, should be lots better than first few batch. they should have done lots of improvement. mine was among the first few batches and giving headaches. even gave way before i surrender the car to the dealers. still matrix is one of the model that bring the brands hyundai upwards....

regards

Edited by Bfmstg

well,

i encountered ABS sencor problem, auto transmittion sencor problem, O2 sencor problem, aircon problem, power steering pipe leaking, TPS changed about 3 times, and the best is all the belting like power steering belt, fan belt, alternator belt had been changing almost bi monthly.

send back until the TA and workshop managers knew me so well that i dont even have to queue for number.

but with all those problem, still matrix is a class of it's own. a versertile and spacious min mpv.

hey man,

yap. the class of it's own. as i did mentioned the latest batches should be better with so many feedback to them already. improvement should been done.

Wa you are making me worried leh. SO many major problem.....However I never heard that matrix has so many problem. You are the probably the first. All this problem that you enountered, is it within the 3 years warranty? Else it must have cost you a bomb!

well mine may be a lemon car and only about 2 years old when i sold it last september.

so far paid for the belting only. once the power steering belt break free while driving sweatdrop.gif. then everytime belt got problem or sound, always went back to komoco to rectify plus changed them for free (make noise). but after came out from workshop a happy man.....for a while. my records with komoco was "long listing"......kekeke....oh also once my gear could not engaged OD thumbsdown.gif

even with some many issues for my cars, i done quite a numbers of things like changed performance plugs, cables, filters, installed capsule, magnets, lighted door scuffplate, throttle body coolant reroute, water heater bypassed......should be that's all.....no problems with all this mod when send into the workshop.

hope the current owner dont face any more problems like me...maybe i got no luck with this car......dizzy.gif.....laugh.gif

cheers

Edited by Bfmstg

U have done quite a lot... isn't it a waste to sell it then. maybe the new owner thought he had gotten a treasure [laugh]

well i usually do all kind of things to my ride. sold the babe due to new member in my family and upgraded to a 7 seaters mpv...........rolleyes.gifangel.gifsunny.gif

cheerio

Edited by Bfmstg

actually want to order a hyundai trajet. then my family go and shop around, so happened to settle down for toyota wish........rolleyes.gif

Neutral Newbie
sceptical about buying a Korean car as some say it gets problematic after 3 yrs.

Wah.......how many cars does not have problems after 3 years????? Your friend certainly have a tall order. [sweatdrop]

thinking of FC into consideration as well

I've heard FC is not the Matrix's strong point. [:p]

ok i am driving matrix for 6mths liao,intially the FC is quite bad..but after run in 10k,can get ard 9.5km/l,mine is a 1.6cc auto,big space interior but lack of power...guess that if you are looking for a FC good n power car, i tink matrix is not a good choice,but if you are looking for comfort n space,matrix is the right 1,i would suggest that your friend get a 1.8cc revo better cos matrix is 1.3ton heavy which is more heavier than most 1.6cc car ,so i tink the 1.8 is more better in trems of weight ratio...and also,FC is better...

if your friend still haven get a matrix,y not call my sis who is a SE in RTMT at 93808266 for a better quote...mention my name will get better options

cheers

↡ Advertisement