Neutral Newbie
iST or Jimny???

[/color]

price abt the same

iST $73.8k

Jimny $73.5k

wat do u guys think?

desperately seekin' 4 advice!!

Wah, although price is similar, those cars couldn't be more different! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] I guess it really depends on what kinda lifestyle you're looking at.

Neutral Newbie

thanx for replying guys/gals!!!

sure need those very precious advice.

test drove iST, impressed by its handling,

but style wise quite "Jazzy", "Colty", etc

inlove.gifLOVE the look of Jimny!!!

but interior & handling not as gd.

pretty bumpy & less spacious too

n since i'm getting a AT,

less power starting up at the traffic lights.

not an off-road person, at least not for now,

so dun think i'll go off the highway, straight, smooth roads of Sg

hence the dilemma...thumbsdown.gif

p/s: btw, is it worth the premium to pay $74k for a 1.3 Toyota iST, getz is only $59k, gauranteed collection somemore.confused.gif

[/color]

Neutral Newbie

Well what is the OMV difference betwen the IST and the Getz? So you cannot compare this way. If you are compating small car then what about a Mini Cooper going for more than 100K. Another factor to take note is the "feel" of the car when you sit in. I for one is not a fan of korean plastics. The IST would also feel more solid and better built quality. You pay what you get.

As one is Korean and the other from PI you can be assured that the dealer is not taking a huge chunk of profit from you. So either way you are not getting that bad a deal. Happy Shopping wink.gif

Turbocharged
Well what is the OMV difference betwen the IST and the Getz? So you cannot compare this way. If you are compating small car then what about a Mini Cooper going for more than 100K. Another factor to take note is the "feel" of the car when you sit in. I for one is not a fan of korean plastics. The IST would also feel more solid and better built quality. You pay what you get.

As one is Korean and the other from PI you can be assured that the dealer is not taking a huge chunk of profit from you. So either way you are not getting that bad a deal. Happy Shopping wink.gif

hey, are you renting any car now?.... rent a viper lah !! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Turbocharged

do you go off-road often? or need only 2door? or must sit high high in traffic? dun need good handling in corners? ......... if you answer is yes to these questions, maybe can consider the Jimny.... smile.gifsmile.gif

Neutral Newbie

[reply]iST or Jimny???

[/color]

price abt the same

iST $73.8k

Jimny $73.5k

wat do u guys think?

[/reply

If u are open to more suggestions, i'd say test drive the Suzuki Ignis (sports)! It looks so sporty plus the engine is so sweet.....well at least the specs look good....

Neutral Newbie

will go for ist. used to drive my brother jimny. consumption veri high as it is 4wd. full tank about 300 to 400 onli. n after driving the car for quite sometime u drive other cars. abit giddy. i oso dunno y. my brother n me as well as her gf had problems swtich to sedans n veri not used to it. n veri giddy when we used the sedan mirrors. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

haven't sat in the jimny before, so I can't comment compare the jimny, but i can give you some comparisons with the corolla.

personally, i went from the G9 corolla to the iSt and found the ride stiff. so if the jimny's ride is worse, then i would definitely go for the iSt.

power wise, it's pretty good for a 1.3. although it's definitely a pace off my corolla. not far off at low-ends, but more so at the high ends.

the handling is good though, the car is really fun to drive! and the car insulation is much better than the rolla.

if you need more info on the iSt, can visit http://www.istclub.com

pricewise, 74k is about there. based on the OMV, the PI wouldn't earn much alr.

my 2c :)

Neutral Newbie

With that kind of price, do look at the Daihatsu YRV Turbo.

The interior isn't bad(spacious enough) and its a heck of a fun thing to drive in a straight line with the turbo and all. Its auto too, with gear select using buttons on the steering wheel.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
iST or Jimny???

[/color]

price abt the same

iST $73.8k

Jimny $73.5k

wat do u guys think?

Hello Jimny09.

The IST and Jimny are two very different cars. Before committing to your purchase, you just have to know that it's most important to select the vehicle that best suits your lifestyle.

Since the IST is very similar to a lot of other small cars on our roads, I'll just focus my comments on the Jimny.

The Suzuki Jimny is a very accomplished off-roader, due to its low kerb weight (which means it won't lose traction and get stuck in mud so easily), excellent wheel articulation, low transfer case and ladder-frame chassis. Ladder-frames are extremely rigid constructions, and vehicles with such underpinnings won't fold like a deck of cards in collisions, and they won't wrap around trees no matter how hard you try to kill yourself. But the downside? Very, very poor truck-like handling. If you spend most of your time on highways and seldom venture off-road, then forget about the Jimny. If anything, its limited boot space and high fuel consumption will piss you off. If you are a sucker for offroad adventures (which can be quite fun), then the Jimny is probably the best and most affordable vehicle for such a lifestyle.

Edited by Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie

sunny.gifhello all!

bought a jimny today!

got the coe too!

(as it went down, surprising most pple...)

thank u all 4 taking e time answering 2 tis thread.

really appreciate.

thanx guys n gals!!!

can't wait 2 get my hands behind those wheels......

come mid jun...scholar.gif

angel.gif

Neutral Newbie
sunny.gifhello all!

bought a jimny today!

got the coe too!

(as it went down, surprising most pple...)

thank u all 4 taking e time answering 2 tis thread.

really appreciate.

thanx guys n gals!!!

can't wait 2 get my hands behind those wheels......

come mid jun...scholar.gif

So wat make u choose the jimny?

U must me an outdoor person I supposed..

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

angel.gif

↡ Advertisement