NEED HELP IN CLEANING MY #$%& CAR BOOT!!..

Wiredchaos

Neutral Newbie

Hi there bros,

Dunno whether i,ve posted in the right section ?? .. but i'll jus shoot any way.... rifle.gifrifle.gif

wah lau!! today i ta bao breakfast for my colleagues beef noodles then the sauce leak thru the seams of my IKEA Transaprent white box and it stain the base of my car boot ( dunno correct term bor ? ) unimpressed.gifunimpressed.giffurious.gif

Any idea wat spray on cleaner/cleaning agents to get to clean it or i have to take the whole bloody piece out and wash it ?? although it oni stained a bit.. plus the base is black color.. it some how DID left tat "buay song" feelings inside me lor...unimpressed.gif ..plus a bit sticky too...

Hope u bros out there who have experienced this could help me out .... shakehead.gifshakehead.gif

↡ Advertisement

You can get those carpet cleaner off the shelves....

Or maybe can try to 'dry' clean it.... apply a bit of shampoo over the area. Then use a damp sponge to wipe over the area.... Repeat the steps a few times if required..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

get it wash off asap, my last was some leaking indian curry i ta pao for my indian workers and stains were stubborn aft ignoring it for a couple of days. u know lah, curry aft awhile will give out some "sour" smell. whole car boot stinks when place under the hot sun. Not to mention the stains still there, yellowish-GREEN. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Phochem

Neutral Newbie

if there's smell, leave a piece of charcoal in the boot...tried it b4 to get rid of durian smell...a technician at mitsubishi electric teach one..same technique as u would do to ur new fridge

Neutral Newbie
You can get those carpet cleaner off the shelves....

Or maybe can try to 'dry' clean it.... apply a bit of shampoo over the area. Then use a damp sponge to wipe over the area.... Repeat the steps a few times if required..

Thnks Gadgeter bro thumbsup.gif,.... tats wat i intend to do too.. the DIY Dry clean.. jus tot there might be other alternatives..shocked.gif but think tats the more economical way lor..

Neutral Newbie
Yup... best to try economical way first...money hard to earn...thumbsup.gif

BEST ADVICE LIAO !!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif .......... laugh.giflaugh.gif

Also thnks to all those tat give advise too!! angel.gif

Wa lau .. that time my mum bought frozen prawns from supermarket and left it in my car for 2 hrs. The prawn water melted under the hot sun and the fishy prawn smell stayed on for 3 weeks, even after numerous washing. Stink like @$$#%^^$! Disaster!

Neutral Newbie
Wa lau .. that time my mum bought frozen prawns from supermarket and left it in my car for 2 hrs. The prawn water melted under the hot sun and the fishy prawn smell stayed on for 3 weeks, even after numerous washing. Stink like @$$#%^^$! Disaster!

wah lau.. really jia lat man!! .. u mus be cursing and swearing ..but bo pian.. mother mah. Endure a bit la..sunny.gif

so over the weekend.. i went Ikea to find those handy plastic boxes wifout the seams even leak oso will not leak thru but the smell will ne there lor.. but much easier to get rid then all splattered and melted in the boot.but couldnt get the rite size lor... if its not too big its too small .... shocked.gif

Neutral Newbie

throw some charcoal n pandan leaves into ur car... it'll get rid of the fishy smell.. good eap if u carry durians in ur car boot too.

Neutral Newbie
don't ON air-con if you buy durians ... [sweatdrop]

dun on air con can.. but the smell of the durians still will stay in the car?

Neutral Newbie

don't ON air-con if you buy durians ... sweatdrop.gif

think some how or rather will still have some smell one lor...blush.gif

Neutral Newbie

don't ON air-con if you buy durians ... sweatdrop.gif

think some how or rather will still have some smell one lor...blush.gif

i think so too... durian smell is really too strong..

Very old thread but here goes.

Sometimes I go hiking so I put my soap and shampoo in the car boot. Why happened is that some shampoo leaked out and stained the boot carpet.

Tried wiping it off but cannot. I tot of buying a cover but not sure if it looks OK. I asked the AD they don't do stain removal. I asked autobacs they quoted $50.

Just wondering if anyone has removed off shampoo stains from car boot carpet before.

Soak by spraying water.  Absorb using microfiber or something super absorbent.  Repeat.

I did that for chocolate stain on the interior roof lining.   Maybe not major as your scenario. 

Very old thread but here goes.

Sometimes I go hiking so I put my soap and shampoo in the car boot. Why happened is that some shampoo leaked out and stained the boot carpet.

Tried wiping it off but cannot. I tot of buying a cover but not sure if it looks OK. I asked the AD they don't do stain removal. I asked autobacs they quoted $50.

Just wondering if anyone has removed off shampoo stains from car boot carpet before.

Just Google these key words..."How to remove soap scum".

For you it's actually quite easy. Just grab a couple tubes of saline water mix it with white vinegar in a spray bottle, use a used toothbrush or any brush that's sufficient to cover the affected area...spray and scrub. Use a sponge to soak up any excess solution.

Never put soap in your trunk coz it will harden over time. Just buy those hand-pump plant watering bottles (1.0L)(you can buy it at any plant nursery) and a scrubbing brush. After hiking you just use them to clean your shoes. No need soap.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement