Swift+ in Canadian 2004 Rocky Mountain Rally!

Genie47

(edited)

Groovy!

The only pic I found. Took place in Calgary, Alberta. May 28-29 2004

You can check the results at http://www.bishop.ab.ca/CSCC/rocky/2004/

Ooohh....It beat the original 1989 Swift [:)] . It competed in the production class where little modification is permitted.

Edited by Genie47
↡ Advertisement

This dirt throwing pic is the best. Come to think of it, the Swift+ with its almost empty grill looks like a yellow smiley! Headlights are "slit eyes" and the grill is a smiling "mouth".

Neutral Newbie
This dirt throwing pic is the best. Come to think of it, the Swift+ with its almost empty grill looks like a yellow smiley! Headlights are "slit eyes" and the grill is a smiling "mouth".

Ya, like this [:)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

wow! [thumbsup]

if see one on our road, shd be very eye-catching! [thumbsup]

....with all the decals,etc. somemore got excuse not to wash/polish car liao.

give it a 'rugged' look. [laugh]

Edited by Ah_veo

Groovy!

The only pic I found. Took place in Calgary, Alberta. May 28-29 2004

You can check the results at http://www.bishop.ab.ca/CSCC/rocky/2004/

Ooohh....It beat the original 1989 Swift [:)] . It competed in the production class where little modification is permitted.

Sorry hah... i thought i am the only one who know some of the Daewoo models are rebadge as Suzuki, Chevrolet, Buick....

he's our Car Genie. [nod][thumbsup]

Daewoo Kalos:

Suzuki Swift+ (Canada)

Chevrolet Aveo (ASEAN)

Daewoo Nubira/Lacetti:

Chevrolet Optra (ASEAN)

Buick Excelle (China)

Suzuki Forenza (Canada)

Opel Zafira:

Chevrolet Nabira (Malaysia)

Suzuki Wagon R+:

Vauxhall/Opel Agilia (UK)

Suzuki Ignis:

Chevrolet Cruze (Japan)

If you observe the rims, in the last pic with the dirt thrown up, they are competition spec rally rims. Very strong.

Neutral Newbie

btw, is our stock 13" rims heavy? was thinking of changing to 14" after the tyres wear out. but so far, no complains abt my 13". good FC. [thumbsup] wats ur opinion?

Next year, the Kalos series will find its way to be badged as Pontiac Wave. smile.gif

I saw one silver Kalos at the Mobil Station at Woodlands Grove just now, behind is Chevy badge, in front is still Daewood badge! Seems like the owner cannot make up his mind about what badge he should use! laugh.gif

Next year, the Kalos series will find its way to be badged as Pontiac Wave. smile.gif

I saw one silver Kalos at the Mobil Station at Woodlands Grove just now, behind is Chevy badge, in front is still Daewood badge! Seems like the owner cannot make up his mind about what badge he should use! laugh.gif

Know what? I saw a "Chevrolet" Leganza last year.

14 is OK. The biggest that a production Kalos derivative got is the Kalos Blue and Kalos Sport. 15" rims sporting 195/50/15 tires. Definitely got to go with lowered springs for the ride and look. You can got up to 16 but no point. Our cars have only the 1.4 and 1.5L engines. The 1.6 is quite pitiful boasting only 103HP, 10 more than the 1.4L engine.

Neutral Newbie

Here to share some light on this [laugh] matter.

Aparently the Deawoo badge at the front, if you take it out has 2 holes drilled into it and the new chevy badge does not cover the holes that why the owners did not change the front part( My guess is they did not do much homework cause too excited when SA give them the badges) [laugh] .

Neutral Newbie
Next year, the Kalos series will find its way to be badged as Pontiac Wave. [:)]

Waiting for one of our Chevy kakis to go over there, maybe could do us a favour and buy these Pontiac Wave series badges .

Not bad all our chevy kakis having the badges on our aveos & kalos. [thumbsup]