Repairing warp rims

Nightchaser

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone know of any good lobang to repair warp rims... and the cost of it? I have a warped 18" Rays wheel due to an unfortunate brush with a kerb recently. The inner part is not round any more. Thanks for passing any information or contacts. Have been to Jalan Besar but forgot to ask for prices.....

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Do not repair, our local shop guys just do not have the right equipment and knowledge on material technology. Most of them will try to heat up the damaged portion and hydraulically press back to shape.It may be physically look good but internally there is fault lines and stress that may just give way at any time.Without the special alloy welding machine, CNC machine and material de-stressing machine, they just not able to put the damaged alloy rim back to its original form.

My advice - it is best to be save than sorry.

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

You know which part of Malaysia has such facility???? How about painting of rims, especially those hyber-black??

Neutral Newbie

Eh friend, just want to know what equipment can ensure a damaged alloy rim goes back to 100%? Other than the money machine can you suggest any alternatives?

I might not be a PhD in material science but I dun think its really possible to restore it fully. My concern is that the tyre is not gripping the wall of the wheel fully and that it might slip when I corner fast. Have you cornered and skidded before? Well, it happened to me recently when I took a bend at about 100km/h and lost control.

Fortunately I managed to avoid even worse consequences.... only my wheel was slightly dented.

Yeah, I am cheap skate.... 1 wheel + tyre will easily cost me 600... laugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Went there...took a look at my rim, claimed it wasnt badly warped and didnt think a repair was warranted.

So how??? workshop claims that my alignment out because of the rim. My friends think I need to get it fix cuz I might have problems at high speed.

alternatively if i strike 4D..... [nod] can get a new rim.... or maybe a new set... [sly] with CSC2...

Edited by Nightchaser

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

May think of 2nd handed rims....JB might get cheaper price.

Or drive slowly B4 strike the 4D....

Edited by Mondeo

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro, where can I find them in JB to do a repair job? I am looking more of respraying the rims ... how much do they cost? any idea?