Is High beam illegal ?

Teckheng

Neutral Newbie

yes, it irritates.

But if someone high beam me and I high beam him back by moving to his rear, is it illegal ?

Neutral Newbie

it is not illegal or legal it is how u use it....if goin up steep slopes u can use it to warn oncomin vehical that there is a car coming up as high beam will cast light further and higher. also can be used as a warning or alert device to inform vehical ahead if he has a open door or flat tyre or leaking petrol tank etc....

but it depends on how u use it also...fast and rapid flashes serve as warnings or a gentle not so offensive reminder but of cse long continuous flashes can be very irritating and will often mean that the guy at the back is asking for trouble....the best is to filter let him pass and then go behind him and drive safely no pt disturbing him....

Neutral Newbie

thanks. point noted.

Encounter someone on BKE just now. High beam on continuously from PTE exit. I was at 120 and he was quite far, in fact, he is travelling less than 120 because he is getting far-er and far-er from the look on my rear mirror. Upon reach the Speed Cam along CCK exit, i slow down, and he caught up. I switch lane to let him pass. But the honda on Lane 1 never let him go. Then he switch to lane 2, my lane, and happily tailgate me. unsure.gif

Got pissed and switch to lane 3, let him move over, and give him 2 long high beams and exit to SLE near Woodlands Ave 2.

sleeping.gif

Supercharged

you give him 2 long high beams for what???

Please la bro.....lights and horn are not for venting anger. Use them for the right purpose.

i always let pple like that pass no matter which lane i am in.

I am afriad of offending pple and fear that those ah bengs later mark my car and make trouble for me.

So i always siam one side. policy is....if i can siam, i siam. if i can turtle i turtle..

most impt is i get home in one piece and can hug my gf....hee hee... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

give him to high beam to tell him his high beams is on...in case he on his high beam accidently ?

because last time i first started driving, i accidently on my high beam without notice. This car in front of me left me past and he high beam at me twice. Then i check my beam, then notice it's High Beam On.

Neutral Newbie

When I changed from a Peugeot to Mazda .... I always high beam people unnecessarily ..... actually I was trying to get the wiper fluid but you know these Contis and their Japanese counterparts got left and right problem.

When I decide to high beam .... I got wiper fluid instead laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

well... first time i got my contis, same... i want to left/right turn, my wipers come up. lipsrsealed.gif

Neutral Newbie

imagine... turning out from CentrePoint, on Sunday... Orchard fill with people.. u want to left turn out..

Your wipers appears, everyone look at you... sly.gifsly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

lipsrsealed.gif

happen to me. lipsrsealed.gifdizzy.giflipsrsealed.gif

↡ Advertisement