Difference between Honda fit and jazz

Enilyks

Neutral Newbie

hmm... SE say jzz from japan leh... anyway doesn't matter cos Jazz is Jazz no matter from where...

↡ Advertisement

They go back to Japan n re-shipped back to us? I seriously got no idea. Or unless KM overcharge us by saying the stocks all from Japan when its actually from Thailand. Higher profit margin? [:|]

It does not make sense cos why have a plant that built domestic model and yet sent the cars to the port for export?? [dizzy]

Trust me, I been to Thailand n ever saw 2-3 trailers load of Jazz heading to the port, tis is further comfirmed by my bro who is station there. Tat's y he was pluzzed when I say Jazz is Jap made.

And if going by the price, it may be true that the 1st few batches were indeed from Japan but then subsequently the rest from Thailand?

Regardless of its country of origin, I dun really care. If the price n space is good I would still buy it. FYI I like the City but then the previous price was too much for me to handle. [blush]

Given the senario that $$ no problem I would have gotten the City. [inlove][sly]

Maybe it was send there for cosmetic touch-up?

So now they are those who said it is thailand-made, some say Japan-made. So where exactly?

Is it only recently that cars are starting to be manufactured in Thai? There is this reliability issue that I might look into. Due to my work natural, I have work with production in Japan before. So I feel that Japan-made is still reliable, but for Thai-made seems like a question mark. Of course, if the price is competitive, than it is a different story. For about the same price, might choose Japan-made over Thai-made.

Neutral Newbie

From what I understand, you can glean certain info from the Chasis No. (found around metal tags in the car, some can be seen at the bottom corner of the windscreen) and it has a typical standard format, ie... JHMEUXXXXXXXXXXXX.

J - Country of Origin (Japan)

H - Manufacturer Code (For Honda, its 'H', for Toyota its prob 'T')

M - Not sure what it stands for

EU - Chasis/ Body Code (For ES/EK/EG bros, it should be ES/EK/EG respectively)

So if its from Japan, it should start with 'J'.

Just something to share, hope it helps in clarifying any doubts.

Btw... Even if it says 'J' doesn't mean everything in it is Made in Japan, they still can source the hide from China, radiator from India, wheels from Thailand, etc.... [laugh]

Tks for the info.

Anyway, I not against Thai made cars, in fact I would love to get my hand on the City iDSI [inlove]

I'm just curious whether Jazz was over priced. [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Japan made doesn't mean the whole car is made in japan. Some parts are from japan while others are sourced/built elsewhere. Although I do agree that japan assembled cars are of better quality. Japanese have strict QC not sure about the thai.

Neutral Newbie

I think the reason u see many Jazz being shipped in the port in Thailand is bcos they are for the philipines, indonesia and Malaysian market....

BTW, the Jazz made in Thailand is in 2 forms, 1.5 idsi & Vtec

Therefore, if u see FL Jazz, in Malaysia & itz 1.5....itz from Thailand....

U can go to temple of VTEC asia website to check it out.....

Neutral Newbie
Would it make any difference???.... Jap, Thai, etc made? They still have their fair share of problems.... [dizzy]

i heard FIT will be done up in taiwan?

Jazz is made in Thailand!(sold by Agent),it comes with rear dash board.

PI dun sell the Fit with rear dash board.

For customers who bought a FIT PI car, it doesnt come with rear dash board, you gotta go to Honda in Alexandra to buy the rear dash board. Approx $200-300. Stocks are ltd. Call the service ppl for stocks availability. Sorry for late reply.

Edited by Chrisurfer