Wideband O2 sensor

Zrun

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for tip..

How much is the sensor itself? I thought it is very expensive? Range in the mid 100?

Neutral Newbie

The following can supply the correct NTK sensor. Note that the links may not always show the correct part if they are out of stock.

The normal Air/Fuel mixture ratio meter that tap the signal from the car's O2 sensor is not accurate. [:p]

This wide band O2 sensor thingy, beside adding to to the meters clustering on the dash board, how useful issit? [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

u have piggy backs? I'm considering getting piggy back, but worry that the ECU will adapt the A/F ratio back to stock.

Edited by Zrun

----------------------------------------

u have piggy backs? I'm considering getting piggy back, but worry that the ECU will adapt the A/F ratio back to stock.

----------------------------------------

Older cars w/o O2 sensors, or just one, will definitely benefit from piggy bags. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

$185 USD for a wideband O2 sensor

I might as well fly to hawaii for vacation...

Got cheap alternatives in Singapore??? I want to buy a whole bunch if very cheap.. Also need simulator.

Edited by Zrun

hi all... i need some help here...

i got an apexi neo on my ride and would like to tune it myself..

i can do so by using a wideband o2 sensor right? or what do i need?

where can i get hold of one?

there are some guages that also have the function of air/fuel ratio, but are they accurate?

what is the difference between o2 sensor and wideband o2 sensor?

can i purchase those wideband o2 sensor with gauges from ebay ?

something like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wideband-Ai...=item4841fe9ffe

??

plz advise... thkx alot..

Neutral Newbie

hi all... i need some help here...

i got an apexi neo on my ride and would like to tune it myself..

i can do so by using a wideband o2 sensor right? or what do i need?

where can i get hold of one?

there are some guages that also have the function of air/fuel ratio, but are they accurate?

what is the difference between o2 sensor and wideband o2 sensor?

can i purchase those wideband o2 sensor with gauges from ebay ?

something like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wideband-Ai...=item4841fe9ffe

??

plz advise... thkx alot..

i think i can help a bit

i used to run a AEM wideband sensor with a gauge like what is on your ebay link. all you need, other than that, is a bung to mount the sensor. Most exo shops should be able to do that. Good thing about AEM is that there is a RS232 connector where i can tap it out to my laptop for simple text logging.

correction. it has a output signal that allows for rs232 connection

the difference between a narrow band and wide band is the voltage differences or the resolution. a narrow band behaves like a switch, either it is on(rich) or off(lean), while a wideband varies from lean to rich.

other gauges that tap 02 signal from OEM sensor signal are for show only. they are not to be taken as correct.

Edited by Plim72

where are these wideband o2 sensors connected to?

ECU or ??

i need to replace the current o2 sensor on my ride with the one provided right?

or i need to look for another place to mount the new o2 sensor..??

is it necessary to change or actually i dont have to ??..

if i buy a gauge like the one i posted previously, where does the reading come from?

from my existing o2 sensor or the new one? should be the new one right? so will it affect the readings on my car if the current one is still there?

Neutral Newbie

where are these wideband o2 sensors connected to?

ECU or ??

i need to replace the current o2 sensor on my ride with the one provided right?

or i need to look for another place to mount the new o2 sensor..??

is it necessary to change or actually i dont have to ??..

if i buy a gauge like the one i posted previously, where does the reading come from?

from my existing o2 sensor or the new one? should be the new one right? so will it affect the readings on my car if the current one is still there?

ok. I am assuming you don't have an aftermarket ecu. You need to open up another hole in your exo manifold, hook up this new sensor, run the cable to the gauge for display. your existing sensor will still be remained for the normal operation of your car. Your ecu takes the signal of your existing sensor for closed loop operation, not the WB sensor, so nothing change.

hmmm after some tot, i realised why you may be confused..the existing sensor feeds signal back to ecu when on closed loop. But when you are doing WOT, ecu will not be reading the o2 sensor anymore as they are now on open loop. your purpose of adjusting A/F ratio is more for the WOT operation. that you can gain power if you go lean. WB sensor is used in that instance.

Edited by Plim72

ok. I am assuming you don't have an aftermarket ecu. You need to open up another hole in your exo manifold, hook up this new sensor, run the cable to the gauge for display. your existing sensor will still be remained for the normal operation of your car. Your ecu takes the signal of your existing sensor for closed loop operation, not the WB sensor, so nothing change.

hmmm after some tot, i realised why you may be confused..the existing sensor feeds signal back to ecu when on closed loop. But when you are doing WOT, ecu will not be reading the o2 sensor anymore as they are now on open loop. your purpose of adjusting A/F ratio is more for the WOT operation. that you can gain power if you go lean. WB sensor is used in that instance.

Not needed though. One wideband sensor with a controller is enough. Cause the controller will be able to output both wideband and narrow band voltage signals. So one goes to your ECU and the other to your meter.

Neutral Newbie

Not needed though. One wideband sensor with a controller is enough. Cause the controller will be able to output both wideband and narrow band voltage signals. So one goes to your ECU and the other to your meter.

oh ok...did not realized this model can output low signal. then all the better. no need to open extra hole

↡ Advertisement