Painting brake drum

Turbobrick

Neutral Newbie

I've noticed some brake drums rusting and becoming unsightly. [:/]

Here's my suggestion, paint them with heat temp (BBQ grille) paint.

1) Clean the drum surface (unless brand new and uninstalled) with fine sandpaper followed by a damp rag.

2) cut a hole to mask off the disc (for rear disc equipped) with a cardboard and take the cut out piece to mask the hub surface. Spray thin even coats and 3-4 coats should be enough for a long lasting smooth surface finish.

post-8-1015050539_thumb.jpg

post-8-1015050540_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

No need to remove the drum assembly. Just jack up, take off the wheel and do it on the spot with the drum in place. Just have to prep by masking off the wheel well, floor and bodywork properly. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Just think of alternative is the a piece of cover look alike drill disc to cover the brake drum to look like rear brake disc. (fotgot the name [:p] ), saw it at Autobacs

Neutral Newbie

That's the most pathetic piece of crap I've ever come across [crazy]

The next is oversized wheel cover for low profile look [pirate]

Dun say that man....know a guy who has horse to back up for his "disc brake"....Corona can cream my stock EK3 okay !! Dun pray pray !! [:p]

IMHO...dun understand why pple bother to pay for this kinda "mods" It dun look real at all....I first saw it on a Proton Wira and was wondering how come the bloody disc is so close to the rims....then finally saw thru it. FAKE !!

Oh yes...his brake works very well too....had a chance to sit in the car once with a couple of friends....the whole trip from Kepple to AMK....the whole group was in the car screaming "BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE !!!" [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neber fail to lock up his brakes with tyre smoke somemore !!

All I can say is....ONE MAD DRIVER & CAR !!

Neutral Newbie

This' becoz people/Manuf. making money, I like the galant look [:)] but end up I took Mondeo instead of Mit VR-G, since 2000cc with 140hps but come /w brake drum [:/]

It has a lot to do with cost man...

Last time Sunny used to be the best equip cars in their class. They were the first to start power steering in the Pulsar then power window in their Sunny, ABS for Sunny,Airbags etc etc etc....competitors no choice but follow suit....remember that the Sunny SS has disc brakes instead of drums ?

Well, sad to say Nissan no longer able to give this kinda lobang liao....cos time are bad !!!

Most cars are going back to the f/disc r/drum setup for cost reasons...not that the car will not be able to stop but braking power is still good enuff.

↡ Advertisement